You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-16 17:26:41

bananaoomarang

starnge proxy issues

I am behind an isa windows based server and am using either ntlmaps or cntlm (I am mainly using cntlm) to connect. However there is a big problem all browsers  and pacman and everything is extremly slow and the exchange is very slow running cntlm on verbose mode. So since it is very fast under windows using ie I am annoyed as it can't realy be all the proxy's fault.

Could it be my wireless I am using netcfg to connect should I try something else? if so what.

how could I run ie in wine that might work although as a last resort and it apears to need some other dll's and winetricks can't connect to the microsoft website ftp for some reason.

anybody else had any problems and good solutuions? if so please help.#

just to clarify it is working just very slowly (very slowly about 60 seconds to load google) and under windows it's flying.

Last edited by bananaoomarang (2009-11-16 17:32:27)

#2 2009-11-17 16:38:26

bananaoomarang

Re: starnge proxy issues

I have noticed I am using wlan0 not ath0 and am almost certain ubuntu and gentoo and openSUSE all used ath0 could this be the problem?

#3 2009-12-23 10:21:59

bananaoomarang

ok lets bring this thread back to life.

I found this thread http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=86513

I am very new to understanding wireless and internet properly as I have never had problems with it before. (don't really know what a dns server is or where it resides) but I have now installed chakra and am having the same sorts of problems. If anybody could help I am away for christmas but I will be back soon after.

Last edited by bananaoomarang (2009-12-23 10:22:16)

#4 2010-01-20 20:48:40

bananaoomarang

SOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEED YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA yessssssssssssssssssssssss

resolv.conf had the wrong dns servers and domains in because dhcpcd detected them wrongly ubuntu 9.10 detected them on my friend's computer and bingo they worked. If anyone else has this problem try booting off  an ubuntu live disc and checking out its resolv.conf.

Board footer