You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-05 04:18:26

Falcata
Website

OpenSimulator and MySQL

Under Arch Linux x86_64, I've been completely unable to get mysql working at all with the virtual world server, OpenSimulator.  Whenever I set it as my database backend, I get these errors:

15:01:46 - ====================================================================
15:01:46 - ========================= STARTING OPENSIM =========================
15:01:46 - ====================================================================
15:01:46 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Running in sandbox mode
15:01:46 - [DATASTORE]: Attempting to load OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll
15:01:46 - [REGION DB]: MySql - connecting: Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=root;Password=***;
15:01:46 - [APPLICATION]: 
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
InnerException: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

Application is terminating: True

I can use SQLite for the database backend, but it has more lag, isn't supported as much, and does not work with opensimulator when using Mono 2.4.3 or higher.

Board footer