You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-18 21:46:26

brenix

rpcbind package causes problems with Coherence UPNP

I've been having an ongoing issue with streaming media to my xbox. When attempting to stream a video onto the xbox, the xbox comes back stating unplayable content.

After working with this issue for so long, I've found that if I do not have the rpcbind package installed, streaming works flawlessly. As soon as I re-install rpcbind, the problem comes right back.. The daemon is not even running and I cannot locate any errors in the coherence log, nor in any other log...

Can anyone tell me how rpcbind could conflict with the coherence streaming?? I want to file a bug report, but im not sure whether its a problem with rpcbind or coherence..

edit: after thinking about it. the same problem exists when running ushare... It seems to be an issue with rpcbind.. Anyone???

Last edited by brenix (2010-01-18 23:50:10)

#2 2010-01-19 09:14:41

zenlord
Website

Re: rpcbind package causes problems with Coherence UPNP

I have a mediaserver running 24/7, with archlinux fairly well updated. The rpcbind-package is at 0.2.0-1 and I'm running mediatomb without any problems. I have a ps3-client and a XBMC-client.

You sure it is not your rpcbind-config?

Here's my DAEMONS-line:
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng @acpid @cpufreq @laptop-mode network rpcbind nfs-common nfs-server @netfs @crond @fam @sshd @httpd @postgresql @rtorrent @mediatomb @ntpd)

Zl.

Board footer