You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-19 20:36:22

karlis

please give howto link - cant find

Hi there, its me again ...

For begining please dont be pesimistic, i got it allmost working corectly. smile

got postfix & dovecot runing to gather postfix admin and roundcube allso..

But i want it to use virtual users and mysql, found some tutorials how to.. but none of them realy explained everything, some of them ended in the middle o.O.. anyhow what i`m asking is - does any one knows good tutorial wich to folow hot to make it working with mysql all togather ?

Waiting for replays.

Thanks.
Karlis.

#2 2010-01-19 22:28:07

hw-tph

Re: please give howto link - cant find

I don't know about the other servers but this document from the folks over at Gentoo covers virtual mailhosting with Postfix and MySQL for data storage.

#3 2010-01-20 07:53:56

karlis

Thanks for replay, i will check it out, and post reply.

Karlis.

Edit: Well i had a look on link you provided, and i think its not what i realy need.. i have everything set up, but poor documentation about  configuration is whats holding me back..

I keep looking for solution, and if i succeed then i`ll post one strong tutorial how to do things right..

btw i`m mainly folowing this tutorial
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SOH … figuration

Last edited by karlis (2010-01-20 09:46:44)

#4 2010-01-20 13:42:17

karlis

So i have little update for everybody..

I managed it working, can send and recive mails localy, can recive mails from other mail servers, sending to them is still on a ? mark... but thats not so important at moment..

My newest problem is that, when i create new user with postfixadmin, it creates maildir in wrong place
maildir wich is created is mydomain.tld/username
and its under /home/vmails/mydomain.tld/username

But i need to get it liek so username@mydomain.tld/ (in postfix'es mailbox table)
and it would go under /home/vmails/username@mydomail.tld/

I have checked configs i do not see anywhere that i have writen maildir:/home/vhosts/%d/%u everywhere where it needs are /home/vmail/%u

Could some one give me a hint where to look ?

Thanks.
Karlis.

EDIT

got that one working, but theres one problem with one user, i have added it serveral times and deleted (even mailbox files) and cant get it working aka i add it but cant login via roundcube, with other users there are no such problem, i can reate user for example 123@mydomain.tld and login

Any ideas ?

Last edited by karlis (2010-01-20 14:07:07)

Board footer