You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-22 17:42:10

ELWisty
Website

[SOLVED] Problem w. bluetooth/blueman: no bnep0 interface created

Hello,

I'm trying to solve the following problem:

I've an iphone, an Asus laptop with Arch & KDE 4.3.4 64bit and a bluetooth USB dongle and Samsung NC10 netbook with the same except 32bit and built-in bluetooth adapter; latest kernel & other updates. My connections are controlled by networkmanager, and I have installed bluez and blueman.

I am trying to:

A) Share the iphone's connection with the laptop and the netbook over bluetooth.
B) Share the laptop's internet connection with the netbook over bluetooth.

In both machines, bluetooth adapters are recognized, hcitool finds the MAC addresses and I can establish connection with blueman both with the iphone and either machine and between the two machines, can browse and send files. The thing I really want, sharing of internet connection, is not working though:

According to the various instructions I have read, connecting in blueman should create a bnep0 interface, which should then be visible and connectible in networkmanager. But this does not happen for me: there is no bnep0 interface created, ifconfig can't find it. In blueman, when I click network access point, I get an error message that says "connection failed: bnep setup failed". The instructions said to go to blueman's local services and change PAN/DUN support's control device from blueman to networkmanager. But the control device already IS networkmanager.

Anyone has an idea what might be going wrong here?

Last edited by ELWisty (2010-01-23 14:08:03)

#2 2010-01-23 13:34:45

ELWisty
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Problem w. bluetooth/blueman: no bnep0 interface created

UPDATE

Hm, after several repairings, everything works now.

Last edited by ELWisty (2010-01-23 14:07:20)

Board footer