You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-05 17:51:33

timm

pconnect error - mysql, php, owl intranet [solved]

I am installing owl intranet database (no package yet) and have followed their installation instructions.  There is a web interface to the application.

I have set up a user in mysql to use the database (owl-user) and have set up a password.  If I log into mysql from the command line I can access the database with that user name and password.  The problem is that when I point my browser to the application, I keep getting this error:

: pconnect(localhost, owl-user, $Password) failed.
: 2002 (Permission denied)
Session halted.

I was getting a "file not found" error, but tracked down information in the forums that I had to specifically set the location for mysql.sock in php.ini; that solved that error.  Can't find a solution for this one.

Bump:

I was wrong...

I found an announcement that mysqld.sock was supposed to be in /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock, so I changed everything back to that and now I'm back to:

: pconnect(localhost, owl-user, $Password) failed.
: 2002 (No such file or directory)
Session halted.

Bump:

I ultimately had to go through owl.php, my.cnf and php.ini and make sure all the information about mysqld.sock (not mysql.sock, as was set forth in one of the files, somewhere) was correct.  Once I got everything coordinated, the system came up correctly.

Last edited by timm (2010-02-05 22:31:15)

Board footer