You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-24 14:08:22

eyolf
Website

Folders on automounted nfs shares dropping out

I have a file server with an export which is an external hard drive (vfat) mounted in the /mnt tree. I access it through autofs from another computer connected wirelessly to the LAN.
It mounts without a problem, but sooner or later (rather sooner...) certain folders will become unavailable. They are still listed, as directories (according to the output of $ file <directory name>), but they can't be entered into. They will remain inaccessible until I (a) restart autofs, (b) make some changes in the parent folder, e.g. add/delete/rename a file, etc., or (c) refresh the parent folder in certain file managers: in krusader and pcmanfm it works; in dolphin and all the console fms it has no effect.

I've been trying all the different setups I have been able to think of, both on the share side and the client side, but the behaviour is the same whatever I do. I suspect that it may have to do with how I've set up the share, since it only happens with the externally mounted hard drive, and since it doesn't matter if I mount it explicitly or with automount.

Here's the relevant line from /etc/exports on the server:

/mnt/netshare 192.168.1.1/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohide)

Can someone guide me to a solution?

#2 2010-04-06 22:37:25

eyolf
Website

Re: Folders on automounted nfs shares dropping out

Anyone?

Board footer