You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-04 14:35:10

dante4d

Substituting VPN-1 SecureClient with OpenVPN

Hello,

my employer is using VPN-1 SecureClient (windows version of course roll) to give us remote access to company intranet. I was just thinking about trying to use OpenVPN from my home linux box and see if I can connect there (this would allow me to try replacing various apps with linux alternatives and see if the m$ dungeons can be escaped...). I'm not much into this kind of security stuff, so I was not able to find much on Google. Doesn't seem like people would be caring that much about using alternatives...

I was wondering if someone has success stories replacing SecureClient with opensource alternatives? I'd be interesting in hearing that. Of course much of doing something is knowing which protocol/configuration is our client software using, but all I know at this point is we use PKI tokens, enter PIN code and it connects. I can't do much more than just make screenshots of the few configuration tabs from the program settings dialog...

I think some smaller external companies and their people woud be interested to hear this too, since I've seen most of them use windows run inside virtual machines to connect anyways...

Thanks,
David

Board footer