You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-06 00:51:49

dissentiate
Website

Issues with wbar as well as Cairo Dock

Hey all,

So I have a brand spanking new install using OpenBox as the DE and I'm at the point of needing something for a launcher.  So here's the issues I've encountered;

wbar & wbarconf
I am running with opengl support and the icon zooming is extremely responsive, so no issues there.  I have 2 problems that I can't seem to get around; (1) wbar sits on top of anything that gets opened and no matter how often I tell it to NOT do that in wbarconf, it persists.  I have checked the configuration file itself and it appears to be correct.  Sorry I can't paste up that file, I'm at work at the moment.  (2) When a window (browser for example) does show up, and wbar is sitting on top of it, there is a 100px box of either grey or black all the way around the bar that covers whatever window is open. 

Cairo Dock
Cairo Dock is having the exact same issue as number 2 from above.. the big ugly box around the dock.

Here's my specs real quick;

Nvidia 8600GTS using the nvidia 173xx drivers from the repo (no flags or modifications)
Newest xorg server with nvidia created xorg.conf

I have tested the 3d by playing UrbanTerror and the game is smooth as butter.  Not sure if that will really determine anything, but at least I know that opengl appears to be working.  Thanks for any input on this.

I don't know who Kernel Debugger is, but Microsoft can keep him.

#2 2010-04-06 00:57:22

schen

Re: Issues with wbar as well as Cairo Dock

I'm not sure about your problem, but you can try using avant-window-navigator. Perhaps that will work.

Last edited by schen (2010-04-06 00:57:32)

#3 2010-04-06 01:01:44

dissentiate
Website

Thanks for the reply schen.  Not too sure about using avn... trying to keep things as light as possible. 

EDIT:  Found the solution for number 2 on the wbar block thing
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=66077

That just leaves me to fight how it sits on top of everything when I tell it not to.

I don't know who Kernel Debugger is, but Microsoft can keep him.

#4 2010-04-06 01:05:43

schen

Maybe try to edit the config file of wbar by hand? I don't trust a GUI for configuration unless I'm really confused.

#5 2010-04-06 02:39:39

smakked

How are you starting it?
Try :

wbar -above-desk -pos bottom -isize 40

Certified Android Junkie
Arch 64

Board footer