You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-03 11:16:38

Tudhalyas

Samba and fusesmb: "connection timed out" error

Hello to everyone!
I'm facing a weird problem here: since a couple of days I cannot use fusesmb anymore: I can still "see" the SMB network shares that are present on my LAN, but as soon as I try to enter one of those I get a "connection timed out" error.

First of all I tried to reinstall fusesmb, to no avail. Then I tried to use smbclient directly:

[tudhalyas@paranor ~]$ smbclient -L <my_windows_box_IP>

This command correctly shows the list of shares that are present on my winXP box, and

[tudhalyas@paranor ~]$ smbclient \\\\<my_windows_box_IP>\\SharedDocs
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
Enter tudhalyas's password: 
Domain=[WINBOX] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
smb: \>

allows me to go into the "Shared Docs" folder of the said computer. From here I can flawlessly download files from the share.

Reading this thread I thought that samba 3.5.1 could be the culprit, and so I compiled samba 3.4.7 through ABS and then installed it. Sadly, fusesmb still doesn't work. I even tried to use smbnetfs, but again to no avail.

Does anyone of you know what I could do to address this issue? Thanks in advance! smile

When others think you can, prove them right. When others think you can't, prove them wrong.

#2 2010-05-05 18:58:36

Tudhalyas

Re: Samba and fusesmb: "connection timed out" error

bump... can anybody help me please? sad

Last edited by Tudhalyas (2010-05-05 18:58:47)

When others think you can, prove them right. When others think you can't, prove them wrong.

Board footer