You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-11 07:43:27

zenlord
Website

BT PAN / BT DUN / rfcomm... Netcfg?

Hi,

The list of stuff not working as I would like it to be on my macbook is growing thinner. Next on my dish is to be able to browse the internet using my phone as a modem. I have read a lot of guides, howto's, FAQs and wiki's, but cannot get it working.

1. I learned only last night that my phone does not support PAN. Go figure that I have tried all along to get it to work through PAN... So if you get a failure notice 111 'connection refused', then it just might be because your phone does not support PAN.

If you want to be sure: run
# sdptool search PAN
If this returns nothing, then your phone does not support PAN

2. Next on the list is to use BT DUN. I found very useful info on this forum and in the wiki on how to set up the peers-file, the connect-script and /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf. I used my own carrier's information (APN, username and password).

Upon issuing 'pon provider' or '/etc/rc.d/ppp restart', I receive an error about pppd not understanding the command '/dev/rfcomm0', which is the second line in my provider-file and should be sufficient to direct pppd to the right device, but apparently not...

Last edited by zenlord (2010-05-11 07:45:49)

#2 2010-05-11 08:39:24

zenlord
Website

Re: BT PAN / BT DUN / rfcomm... Netcfg?

After some more tinkering, I am getting closer: The error above is easily fixed by editing /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf and setting:
bind yes
inside your profile. Restart bluetooth and rfcomm0 is there!

Next errormessage upon issuing a "netcfg provider": Failed to open /dev/rfcomm0: No route to host
Issuing a "pon provider" results in: Failed to open /dev/rfcomm0: Software caused connection abort

#3 2010-05-11 09:16:21

zenlord
Website

Re: BT PAN / BT DUN / rfcomm... Netcfg?

Last message today (have to work). I don't know what I did, but now I get the same error that blueman returns when I select 'DUN':
Failed - connection refused.

I guess now my setup is correct, but that there is something more basic that I'm doing wrong.

Board footer