You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-05 16:47:39

bostoniman
Website

Web server setup

I have Apache, PHP, MySQL and vsftpd installed on a server running Arch.  I have read numerous documentation articles on setting up Apache and still cannot view my site.  Whenever I type in the URL, it takes me to the server but I get the following error page:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at ba-zing.net Port 80

I've chmodded the directory where the site is located to 755, and still have this problem.  What can I do to fix this?

#2 2005-02-05 20:11:59

kth5
Website

Re: Web server setup

sounds normal, you do not have a file in the directory that apache was told to default to if no filename given. plus you probably disables Indexes which then results in 403 and forbids to browse the directory. totally natural.
but as it seems you have modified the error page that is to be displayed and entered a wrong path or didn't supply any.
go back to the package defaults, make one setting at a time and see where it fails.

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

Board footer