You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-24 22:08:54

bananabrain

how to set default browser in blueman?

Hi all,

I've managed to get my bluetooth phone working with blueman ok but when I try to browse a device I get:

Failed to launch "nautilus"
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    You can enter an alternate browser in service settings

I haven't been able to find any worthwhile reference to what the third line means - and not for want of trying. The blueman install only seems to provide  ~/.config/blueman/bueman.conf  - which is a binary. In fact, `file blueman.conf` returns "8086 relocatable (Microsoft)" which is something I've never come across before.

Does anyone know a solution to this? The Arch wiki describes blueman as "a full featured Bluetooth manager written in GTK and, as such, is recommended for GNOME or Xfce". It doesn't then follow on with "...but only if you install nautilus and a range of other unrelated crap including the whole Gnome Desktop".

smile

Ideally I'd like the blueman browse function to lauch thunar (as would most people who run an Xfce desktop). If anyone could give me any ideas on this I'll be mightily grateful.

Willie
(Who's been with Arch for one week now - something of a seat-of-your-pants experience, but no less wonderful for that)

#2 2010-05-24 22:57:13

NSB-fr

Re: how to set default browser in blueman?

Hi,

If I understand well your problem the setting you're looking for can be changed by right clicking the systray icon then clicking on "Local services". In the configuration window choose "Transfer" (live translation from french as I write, may not be totaly accurate) and finally unfold the "Advanced" section.

Hope this help.

Carpe Diem

#3 2010-05-26 11:47:07

patroclo7

... but perhaps not many other file managers except nautilus support the obex protocol.Without support for the obex protocol you won't be able to browse your phone.

This thread concerns your problem (and include a fuse-obexfs solution so that obex is supported at the filesystem level and you should be able to use any file manager):
http://blueman-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80

Last edited by patroclo7 (2010-05-26 11:49:37)

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#4 2010-05-26 19:58:09

bananabrain

Many thanks guys for both of your replies.

Yes, it seems the basic problem is lack of obex support in anything other than nautilus.

There's a little on the subject here too:

http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentat … -obex-send

I also have a need for reliable mobile broadband connectivity via a Huawei USB dongle, so in the short term I've gone back to the outsized Gnome + networkmanager. I'll tinker with Xfce on a separate small partition to see if I can get as I want it.

Arch, though, is brilliant. And this is a friendly, knowledgeable community. I'm having great fun!

#5 2010-12-23 09:20:21

ernia

pcman fm can handle obexfs if you install gvfs-obexftp so you can change local-services > transfers > advanced to pcmanfm obex://[%d] and it should work, at least it works in my system

Board footer