You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-16 09:44:17

athelas

neo2 keymap during installation

Hi.

I wanted to start the installation and I've seen in the beginner's guide, that it is possible to change the keymap. On the page  [wiki]KEYMAP[/wiki] of the wiki are two german layouts, but I can't find the german layout neo2. Is it at all possible to use it during the installation or do I have to install later on my own?

#2 2010-06-16 10:40:09

Murray_B

Re: neo2 keymap during installation

I think the neo-layout is not available on the console of the boot-cd. You should be able to install it manually with wget, howto is on the neo-website:
http://wiki.neo-layout.org/wiki/Neo%20u … en/Konsole

Have fun!

Btw, neo looks great, but if you have to work on other people computers several times a day, it is no fun, so I am learning QWERTZ now :-(

#3 2010-06-17 09:11:54

athelas

Re: neo2 keymap during installation

Seriuosly, neo is great wink And so far I don't have problems using Qwertz and neo simultaniously, although I used qwertz only with looking at the keyboard anyway.

But back to topic. I installed Arch first and wanted to change to neo now. I did it as they said, but unfortunately it doesn't work. If I copy neo.map in /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwertz/ and do

loadkeys neo

I get

unknown keysum 'number_acronym'
loadkeys: ./neo.map:190: addkey called with bad keycode -1

And I get the same error after zipping neo.map with gzip. The same question was asked about a year ago in the German Archlinux Forum, but there was no soultion. Does anybody know what to do?

Board footer