You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-28 01:15:49

psudo

wlan0 sending *many* ignored ARP requests

Before I worked on my security homework (sending spoofed packets using libnet), all was fine. Now, I'm seeing in wireshark that when using my wireless lan interface (wlan0), I send out MANY ignored ARP requests.

Most of these requests are to the gateway, but if I choose to interact with any other host in my subnet, it'll also send ignored ARP requests for those IP addresses while seemingly resolving them to my own IP address.

My wireless connection essentially is non-existant. If I can supply you with any information to help me figure this out, please just ask.

Cheers!

#2 2011-10-28 01:24:42

psudo

Re: wlan0 sending *many* ignored ARP requests

Well now it seems it's working after being set to DOWN for quite a while. Could the interface have just buffered a lot of bad packets? I'm still confused why no one responded to them...

I'm still happy to help someone troubleshoot this if anybody is interested. Of course, I'll follow up if issues arise again.

#3 2011-10-28 03:49:32

ewaller
Administrator

Re: wlan0 sending *many* ignored ARP requests

You might try a Google search for "Routing Loop".  Just a guess

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer