You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-25 18:59:36

nehsa

Could enabling SSL in Outlook Express have done something?

This is going to sound pretty dumb but it's the ONLY thing I can remember doing.  I compiled a copy of postfix with the SASL support.  Everything was working, then I check the option in OE for SSL support (for both incoming and outgoing mail), after which, nothing worked. 

The problem is, it still doesn't work if I uncheck them.  I have recompile postfix several times and currently am using the standard postfix package but still receieve the same error.  It says:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.  Account: localhost, server: localhost, protocol: SMTP, port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error number 0x800CCC0F

Anyone have any ideas?  Like I said, everything was working.

#2 2005-07-25 20:50:43

jerem

Re: Could enabling SSL in Outlook Express have done something?

Gmail uses SSL but as far as I know, other mail providers do not.

Best way to answer your question is to try...

By the way, why use Outlook Express instead of thunderbird ?

#3 2005-07-25 21:00:05

nehsa

At this point I don't care about using SSL.  What I meant was that, I had everything working until I enabled the option, the problem is, it still doesn't work after disabling it.  I'm just curious if somehow it could have added something on my server.

About using Thunderbird:  Truthfully, I don't usually use any mail clients, squirrelmail works fine.  I just want to set it up so that I can say "Hey, It worked."

#4 2005-07-26 00:18:46

iphitus
Forum Fellow

No, that option shouldnt have done it.

Make sure your /etc/hosts.allow is setup.

#5 2005-07-26 16:29:45

nehsa

The only thing related that i have in hosts.allow is portmap: ALL, should there be something else?

Board footer