You are not logged in.

#1 2002-08-17 07:35:21

Arielext
Website

mysql (errno.13)

Hey there,

Mysql is up and running, but when I try to make a new database i'm getting the errno.13 thingy. This means that mysql has no rights to make the database. I have the mysql user/group and they are the owner of the db folders.

Any1 an idea?

apt-get install arch

#2 2002-08-17 14:00:05

ody
Website

Re: mysql (errno.13)

mysql has its own user system, and allot of people get confused with this, if you ran `/etc/rc.d/mysqld start` it should have explained how to create a root user and passwd.. now from memory it was slightly wrong, you dont need a `-p` flag specified.. so your command to create a root user should be summing like:

mysqladmin -u root password 'newpassword'

then you can login with this new user and start playing about.

hope this helps.

#3 2002-08-18 11:05:49

Arielext
Website

Re: mysql (errno.13)

ody wrote:

mysql has its own user system, and allot of people get confused with this, if you ran `/etc/rc.d/mysqld start` it should have explained how to create a root user and passwd.. now from memory it was slightly wrong, you dont need a `-p` flag specified.. so your command to create a root user should be summing like:

mysqladmin -u root password 'newpassword'

then you can login with this new user and start playing about.

hope this helps.

I've installed webmin and configured mysql with the help of it (webmin). My program checks if the user/pass combo is correct. It doesn't complain, so I think the user/pass is correct.

apt-get install arch

Board footer