i just wonder if anyone got suspend2+fglrx working.
when using radeon, suspend2 works marvelous but i haven't got any luck with fglrx so far.
however, according to http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Fglrx for example, i compiled vbetool http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/vbetool/ (well, the latest version 0.3 by debian http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/vbetool ) and i removed comment at "EnableVbetool yes" in /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf. still, X only displays garbaged image and the system is frozen. any ideas?
it _does_ work. what i did:
1. switch to a virtual terminal and:
vbetool vbestate save > /tmp/vbestate hibernate ... vbetool post vbetool vbestate < /tmp/vbestate
3. back to ctrl-f7
- the first step is mandatory.
- all this could probably be omitted by uncommenting vbetool lines in /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf. however, it didn't work for me.
- worked using vanilla 18.104.22.168+swsusp22.214.171.124 and fglrx-8.16.20.
- also works with vanilla 2.6.13+swsusp2.6.13-rc7 (but swsusp doesn't work properly - power stays on... have to wait a couple of days)
- vbetool 0.2 (there is an entry in AUR as well)