You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-12 18:58:43

kozaki
Website

[SOLVED] how to add python-imaging ?

I'm new to Arch Linux but i'm wanting to make a Zope/Plone CMS server run on it.
I will install it from tarballs then configure my pre-existing portail (plone instance)

Now for some products I'll need to have some libraries running fine on my AL server station, like libxml2, libxlst, etc.. I found most of them are obtainable on current & extra repositories smile

But some of the zope products i use need the server to have python Imaging (PIL) capabilities, and i couldn't find PIL / python-imaging packages in repositories.
I may also compile it from sources, but this make need some times (computer is an old PII Deschuttes) and i'd like to escape this wink
Searched on forums and found an interesting post on it : pil (in AUR Package Requests) and a PKGBUILD.
Well, that would be fine if only i knew how to deal with such a PKGBUILD :oops:
the 2nd one was made for python-2.3* but i presume this would be easily editable ?

Now please where can i learn how to use such a PKGBUILD ?

mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/include/python2.3/

Seeded last month: Arch 50 gig, derivatives 1 gig
Desktop @3.3GHz 8 gig RAM, linux-ck
laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

#2 2005-08-12 19:58:51

jellywerker

Re: [SOLVED] how to add python-imaging ?

there is a pkgbuild in the aur, then go to it's directory and type makepkg in a console as a user, then when the pakcage is made (and if there where no errors) type su, enter root password, then pcaman -A package*

#3 2005-08-12 20:10:08

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

It's in the [community] repo - uncomment the community section from /etc/pacman.conf and do "pacman -Sy" and "pacman -S pil"

#4 2005-08-14 14:16:27

kozaki
Website

Yes it is in 'community' smile

I couldn't find before, not only because i do plan to use "conservative" mirrors (well, that PC's a server, not for individual testing), but also i did not know yet www.archlinux.org/packages.php does not include 'community' packages.

I also launched '/usr/bin/sortmirrors' script that re-order the mirrors according to fastest ping/traceroute results.

Thank you for the tip indeed smile

Seeded last month: Arch 50 gig, derivatives 1 gig
Desktop @3.3GHz 8 gig RAM, linux-ck
laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

Board footer