You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-27 19:28:05

quasifilmie

(Solved) Bridge ethernet connection with Samsung TV

Hello, on my laptop I connect to the internet through my built in wireless adapter. I am trying to give my samsung tv a local network connection. I do not care about sharing my wireless internet through the ethernet althought that would be a convenient plus. However, I run to able to use my wireless internet while keeping the ethernet bridge. I run ps3 media server currently using my wireless connection but wired is more stable and so I want use that. I unplugged the wireless adapter from the samsung tv to get rid of the conflict. I am using KDE and networkmanager (the actual tray applet designed for kde is in use). I prefer to set this up graphically using networkmanager if possible.

Output of lspci | grep -i net

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
04:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

According to windows my wireless is a AR5 and not an ar9. Not sure which to believe.

I setup the connection arch-laptop, restarting the computer and Wired Connection disappeared.

snapshot1ld.jpg

On my tv I have internet protocol setup as manual.

IP Address like networkmanager is 10.42.43.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway 1.1.1.1

Setup IP setup to manual forced dns to that also

DNS Server: 192.168.2.2

My isp (cisco brand) modem ip address is 192.168.0.1 and my router is 192.168.1.1. I am not very educated on the dns gateway subnet thing -- note I am calling it a thing. If you can help me out that would be great. Also, I am not completely sure if what I want is called an ethernet bridge. I am pretty sure my dns ip is wrong. I set gateway 1.1.1.1 because the tv says 0.0.0.0 is invalid. I have read the wiki and some forum posts but they are commandline solutions and I prefer graphical.

Marking as solved since tv does not even support this type of setup.

Last edited by quasifilmie (2012-03-27 20:13:10)

Board footer