You are not logged in.

#501 2012-05-06 14:40:36

Zom

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

pientertje wrote:

I'm building unity on a clean 32bit virtualbox install and now I get the folowing errors while building libdbusmenu:

[willem@arch-vbox libdbusmenu]$ makepkg
==> Making package: libdbusmenu 0.6.1.0ubuntu3-100 (Sun May  6 10:57:08 CEST 2012)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Missing Dependencies:
  -> json-glib>=0.12.6
  -> intltool
  -> vala
  -> valgrind
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

Why aren't these dependencies installed automatically?

Because makepkg doesn't work that way.

#502 2012-05-06 14:53:36

chenxiaolong

Zom wrote:
pientertje wrote:

I'm building unity on a clean 32bit virtualbox install and now I get the folowing errors while building libdbusmenu:

[willem@arch-vbox libdbusmenu]$ makepkg
==> Making package: libdbusmenu 0.6.1.0ubuntu3-100 (Sun May  6 10:57:08 CEST 2012)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Missing Dependencies:
  -> json-glib>=0.12.6
  -> intltool
  -> vala
  -> valgrind
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

Why aren't these dependencies installed automatically?

Because makepkg doesn't work that way.

It can though. If you look at "makepkg --help" you can see this option:

-s, --syncdeps   Install missing dependencies with pacman

So you can run "makepkg -s" or "makepkg --syncdeps" to install the dependencies automatically.

#503 2012-05-06 14:54:39

pientertje

I am building the packages with the -si switch with the script posted on one of the first pages. But when I do it manually it works.

Last edited by pientertje (2012-05-06 14:57:30)

#504 2012-05-06 16:34:51

Zom

chenxiaolong wrote:

So you can run "makepkg -s" or "makepkg --syncdeps" to install the dependencies automatically.

Oh, cool. I had no idea about that actually. smile

#505 2012-05-06 17:25:24

chenxiaolong

Zom wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:

Oh, cool. I had no idea about that actually. smile

big_smile The "-i" option is very useful too: it installs the packages automatically after they are built. No more looking for the right package file after building several versions smile

#506 2012-05-07 04:19:37

xgdgsc

And the "-c" option cleans the directory after building and installing.

#507 2012-05-07 04:42:28

chenxiaolong

xgdgsc wrote:

And the "-c" option cleans the directory after building and installing.

Nice! Especially when I'm writing patches, where I usually do this:

diff -Nru a-1.0.orig/ a-1.0/ > fix_something.patch
makepkg -g >> PKGBUILD
rm -rvf pkg/ src/
makepkg -fsi

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-05-07 04:42:53)

#508 2012-05-07 15:25:42

xgdgsc

I just finished compiling and booted into unity. I found the wallpaper and theme and icons cannot be changed (to Ambiance or Radiance ,stays at Adwaita), I don't have a clue why this happens. I tried resetting by deleting config files and nothing happens. And qt applications don't get global menu. Is it because that I compiled qt-ubuntu for 10 hours and installed it as the last package to install?

#509 2012-05-07 15:31:15

chenxiaolong

xgdgsc wrote:

I just finished compiling and booted into unity. I found the wallpaper and theme and icons cannot be changed (to Ambiance or Radiance ,stays at Adwaita), I don't have a clue why this happens. I tried resetting by deleting config files and nothing happens. And qt applications don't get global menu. Is it because that I compiled qt-ubuntu for 10 hours and installed it as the last package to install?

Hmm...could you try changing the theme using gnome-tweak-tool?

Also, to get global menus for Qt applications, just install appmenu-qt from the repos smile

#510 2012-05-07 18:39:58

soppy

I apologize if this has been aswered, however I am running into a problem when compiling qt-ubuntu.  My error is this:

Finding project files. Please wait...
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/tools/bootstrap/bootstrap.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/tools/moc/moc.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/tools/rcc/rcc.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/tools/uic/uic.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/corelib/corelib.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/xml/xml.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/network/network.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/sql/sql.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/testlib/testlib.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/dbus/dbus.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/gui/gui.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/qt3support/qt3support.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/tools/uic3/uic3.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/opengl/opengl.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/xmlpatterns/xmlpatterns.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/multimedia/multimedia.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/svg/svg.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/script/script.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/declarative/declarative.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/scripttools/scripttools.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/plugins.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqldrivers.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/psql/psql.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql/mysql.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/odbc/odbc.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/tds/tds.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite/sqlite.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/script/script.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/script/qtdbus/qtdbus.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/bearer/bearer.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/bearer/generic/generic.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/bearer/connman/connman.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/bearer/networkmanager/networkmanager.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/codecs/codecs.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/codecs/cn/cn.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/codecs/jp/jp.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/codecs/tw/tw.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/codecs/kr/kr.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/imageformats.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/jpeg/jpeg.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/gif/gif.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/mng/mng.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/svg/svg.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/tiff/tiff.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/ico/ico.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/imageformats/tga/tga.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/iconengines/iconengines.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/iconengines/svgiconengine/svgiconengine.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/graphicssystems/graphicssystems.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/graphicssystems/trace/trace.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/graphicssystems/opengl/opengl.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/inputmethods/inputmethods.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/inputmethods/imsw-multi/imsw-multi.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/accessible/accessible.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/accessible/widgets/widgets.pro
WARNING: Failure to find: qaccessibledeclarativeroles.h
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/accessible/compat/compat.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/qmltooling/qmltooling.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/qmltooling/qmldbg_tcp/qmldbg_tcp.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/plugins/qmltooling/qmldbg_inspector/qmldbg_inspector.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/imports/imports.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/imports/folderlistmodel/folderlistmodel.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/imports/particles/particles.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/imports/gestures/gestures.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/src/imports/shaders/shaders.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/tools.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/assistant.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/lib/fulltextsearch/fulltextsearch.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/lib/lib.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/tools/tools.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/tools/assistant/assistant.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/tools/qhelpgenerator/qhelpgenerator.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/tools/qcollectiongenerator/qcollectiongenerator.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/assistant/tools/qhelpconverter/qhelpconverter.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/pixeltool/pixeltool.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/porting/porting.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/porting/src/src.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qtestlib/qtestlib.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qtestlib/updater/updater.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qttracereplay/qttracereplay.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/designer.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/src.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/uitools/uitools.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/lib/lib.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/components/components.pro
    Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/components/lib/lib.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/designer/designer.pro
   Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/plugins/plugins.pro
    Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/plugins/widgets/widgets.pro
    Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/designer/src/plugins/qdeclarativeview/qdeclarativeview.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qtconfig/qtconfig.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qml/qml.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qmlplugindump/qmlplugindump.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/linguist/linguist.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/linguist/lrelease/lrelease.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/linguist/lupdate/lupdate.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/linguist/lconvert/lconvert.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/linguist/linguist/linguist.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdbus/qdbus.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdbus/qdbus/qdbus.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdbus/qdbusxml2cpp/qdbusxml2cpp.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdbus/qdbuscpp2xml/qdbuscpp2xml.pro
  Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdbus/qdbusviewer/qdbusviewer.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/xmlpatterns/xmlpatterns.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/xmlpatternsvalidator/xmlpatternsvalidator.pro
 Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/tools/qdoc3/qdoc3.pro
Reading /home/david/qt-ubuntu/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.1/translations/translations.pro
warning: output LVDS not found; ignoring
cat: .projects.all.*: No such file or directory

I understand the LVDS not found, I sometimes have a second monitor plugged into my laptop and LVDS is that monitor.  So it is an error on xrandr's part.  The problem is that "cat: .projects.all.*: No such file or directory" line.  It just hangs there.  I'm not really sure where to go or how to even go about fixing this; never encountered this.  I do not have qtwebkit installed by the way. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

#511 2012-05-07 20:58:08

chenxiaolong

soppy wrote:

I apologize if this has been aswered, however I am running into a problem when compiling qt-ubuntu.  My error is this:

qt-ubuntu

I understand the LVDS not found, I sometimes have a second monitor plugged into my laptop and LVDS is that monitor.  So it is an error on xrandr's part.  The problem is that "cat: .projects.all.*: No such file or directory" line.  It just hangs there.  I'm not really sure where to go or how to even go about fixing this; never encountered this.  I do not have qtwebkit installed by the way. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

No need to apologize; nobody wants to read 21 pages of a forum thread to see if a problem has been solved smile

I'm not sure why that happens. There's no reason Qt should be using Xorg during the build. Could you try building with:

DISPLAY="" makepkg

That should hopefully force it to not use Xorg.

#512 2012-05-07 21:07:51

oskar.einstein

I have problem with xfce4-indicator-plugin. It crash after 3-5 seconds of correct work (menu appear on the bar and correctly disappears from windows). After 2 crashes xfce4-panel propose to remove damaged applet.

error-applet.png
translation: Applet "Indicator applet" unexpectedly stop working. Would you like to start it again?
(...)Start it again or remove from the panel?
[Execute] [Remove]

#513 2012-05-07 21:29:51

chenxiaolong

oskar.einstein wrote:

I have problem with xfce4-indicator-plugin. It crash after 3-5 seconds of correct work (menu appear on the bar and correctly disappears from windows). After 2 crashes xfce4-panel propose to remove damaged applet.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/336191/lt/error-applet.png
translation: Applet "Indicator applet" unexpectedly stop working. Would you like to start it again?
(...)Start it again or remove from the panel?
[Execute] [Remove]

I've just pushed an update to the git repo. Could you try the new xfce4-indicator-plugin update?

#514 2012-05-07 21:51:19

oskar.einstein

Wow, how fast smile

Unfortunately it still not working.

Last edited by oskar.einstein (2012-05-07 21:53:45)

#515 2012-05-07 22:06:22

chenxiaolong

oskar.einstein wrote:

Wow, how fast smile

Unfortunately it still not working.

Darn smile You'll want to report a bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … n/+filebug

Hopefully, they will fix it quickly, but Ubuntu doesn't have XFCE 4.10 yet

#516 2012-05-07 22:19:43

oskar.einstein

#517 2012-05-07 22:50:24

soppy

Gah! Do I feel really dumb. Don't laugh, but I had replaced the "split" command with a bash script that splits my screen onto 2 monitors.  Thus, the project files were not being split and xrandr was being called. Sorry for wasting your time. yikes I'm going to go smack my head into a wall. Haha.

On a side note, really enjoying the cleanliness of these PKGBUILDs.  I've seen many that are disgusting, and these are probably the best written ones out there.  Thanks for the builds!

#518 2012-05-08 02:47:10

chenxiaolong

soppy wrote:

Gah! Do I feel really dumb. Don't laugh, but I had replaced the "split" command with a bash script that splits my screen onto 2 monitors.  Thus, the project files were not being split and xrandr was being called. Sorry for wasting your time. yikes I'm going to go smack my head into a wall. Haha.

Haha, don't feel dumb...I've done things even stupider. My bash environment reads all these files: http://i.imgur.com/F0TbK.png. Once, I accidentally overrode the echo command with something else in one of those files, which caused my bash prompt to look like this: http://i.imgur.com/GqnES.png. And then...well, let's just say that it took quite a while to find out what file was broken big_smile

soppy wrote:

On a side note, really enjoying the cleanliness of these PKGBUILDs.  I've seen many that are disgusting, and these are probably the best written ones out there.  Thanks for the builds!

Thanks for the compliment! I do my best to write clean PKGBUILDs because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to read them myself smile

Also, if you have any suggestions for the PKGBUILDs, I'd be glad to change them.

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2012-05-08 02:49:01)

#519 2012-05-08 03:16:50

xgdgsc

chenxiaolong wrote:
xgdgsc wrote:

Hmm...could you try changing the theme using gnome-tweak-tool?

Also, to get global menus for Qt applications, just install appmenu-qt from the repos smile

Installing appmenu-qt works!

I tried changing themes and icons using gnome tweak tool and ubuntu tweak(built from your Unity-for-arch-extra), neither works. The settings seem to be fail to save, also I cannot change some settings( like keyboard options to ctrl+alt+backspace to kill xserver). Should I recompile some packages to solve this?

EDIT:
I tried new user and worked well,then I reset configs by deleting more files than your readme suggest, the script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
rm -rvf ~/.compiz-1/
rm -rvf ~/.cache/compizconfig-1/
rm -rvf ~/.cache/dconf/
rm -rvf ~/.cache/unity/
rm -vf ~/.cache/unity-lens-video
rm -rvf ~/.config/compiz-1/
rm -rvf ~/.config/dconf/
rm -rvf ~/.config/gnome-control-center/
rm -rvf ~/.config/gnome-session/
rm -rvf ~/.gconf/
rm -rvf ~/.gnome2/
rm -rvf ~/.gnome2_private/
rm -rvf ~/.gvfs/
rm -rvf ~/.local/
rm -rvf ~/.config/nautilus/

Hope it will help others who have installed and used Gnome-shell before experiencing the same problem.

Thank you for your great work!

Last edited by xgdgsc (2012-05-08 03:49:37)

#520 2012-05-08 15:19:06

soppy

Got (almost) everything compiled and it all works great!! The only thing that didn't was the Unity Video Lens, but seeing as how I don't need it, it's not that big of a deal.  I can post a log if you like (still just waking up. big_smile ).  Also, I believe you need to change the build order.   "activity-log-manager" needs to come after "gnome-control-center-ubuntu".  That was the only other hiccup I found. 

Also, I changed almost all of your PKGBUILDs to have the -j5 to compile faster (I have a quad-core i7 laptop).  Maybe set MAKEFLAGS to have the -j2 option for better efficiency (As it doesn't seem to be used)? Or is that against the PKGBUILD rules? big_smile  I will say that a couple of the packages complained about having multiple threads while building (Error: Waiting for jobs to finish).  I can give you a complete list later as I would like to rebuild my entire Arch System with Unity. big_smile That's my project for today.

#521 2012-05-08 16:15:16

Radioactiveman

@soppy: Take a look at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg.conf wink
Just set the MAKEFLAGS there.

#522 2012-05-08 20:11:00

pientertje

soppy wrote:

Got (almost) everything compiled and it all works great!! The only thing that didn't was the Unity Video Lens, but seeing as how I don't need it, it's not that big of a deal.  I can post a log if you like (still just waking up. big_smile ).  Also, I believe you need to change the build order.   "activity-log-manager" needs to come after "gnome-control-center-ubuntu".  That was the only other hiccup I found.

It gives this error: http://pastebin.com/NHKb8TQq

I think changing the order will solve the problem.

#523 2012-05-09 02:03:14

quasifilmie

I think the README in git should be adjusted. I couldn't compile activity-log-manager without gnome-control-center-ubuntu first. I had this problem in virtualbox also if you look on page 14 of this thread.  Compiling unity outside of virtualbox. Going to finish up tomorrow. hopefully big_smile

#524 2012-05-09 07:00:34

chenxiaolong

soppy wrote:

activity-log-manager order is fixed. A build log would be nice when you feel a little bit more awake big_smile

soppy wrote:

Also, I changed almost all of your PKGBUILDs to have the -j5 to compile faster (I have a quad-core i7 laptop).  Maybe set MAKEFLAGS to have the -j2 option for better efficiency (As it doesn't seem to be used)? Or is that against the PKGBUILD rules? big_smile  I will say that a couple of the packages complained about having multiple threads while building (Error: Waiting for jobs to finish).  I can give you a complete list later as I would like to rebuild my entire Arch System with Unity. big_smile That's my project for today.

Like Radioactiveman said, you can change this in /etc/makepkg.conf. If you don't want to alter system files, you can also add:

MAKEFLAGS="-j5"

to ~/.makepkg.conf

Oh yeah, it might not be very scientific, but "-j8" has always seemed to be faster on my i7 laptop smile

pientertje wrote:

It gives this error: http://pastebin.com/NHKb8TQq

I think changing the order will solve the problem.

Thanks for the build log! I've changed the order in the README.

#525 2012-05-09 07:02:52

chenxiaolong

quasifilmie wrote:

I think the README in git should be adjusted. I couldn't compile activity-log-manager without gnome-control-center-ubuntu first. I had this problem in virtualbox also if you look on page 14 of this thread.  Compiling unity outside of virtualbox. Going to finish up tomorrow. hopefully big_smile

Maybe I'm just too tired (3:00 AM here now big_smile), but I can't seem to find any post about VirtualBox. Could you tell me the post number?

Board footer