You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-06 15:11:29

insane_alien

Bluetooth pairing

Hi, I'm attempting to pair my phone (HTC Wildfire S) with my laptop. It isn't going so well.

I'm using the GUI method of pairing. I click on the bluetooth icon on the gnome panel and select 'Setup new device' The program searches for and finds my phone. I then click continue. The program displays a pin number as does my phone (the pin matches) This is where i run into problems. No matter what happens the pairing fails due to timeout and i get a message saying it could be the wrong pin (but they matched).

I have tried the following

click 'matches' on the pc
click 'matches' first then 'pair' on the phone
click 'pair' on the phone then 'matches on the pc
click 'pair' on the phone

same result each time. I never really expected the ones where i only acknowledge on a single device to work but i tried everything else.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to go about resolving this issue?

#2 2012-05-07 15:25:06

insane_alien

Re: Bluetooth pairing

Update:

I tried the command line and I get the following error when running the command "bluez-simple-agent"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/bluez-simple-agent", line 124, in <module>
    adapter.RegisterAgent(path, capability)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists: Already Exists

Could this be my problem? if so, then how do I fix it?

#3 2012-05-09 19:34:58

insane_alien

Re: Bluetooth pairing

Another Update: so installing blueman and pairing with that works flawlessly after which it can be accessed through the gnome bluetooth applet. Are there perhaps missing dependencies in the gnome applet?

Board footer