You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-01 13:23:20

Throne777

Can't create a VPN connection in Gnome's network settings?

If I go into Network Settings on Gnome and click the + sign to create a VPN connection (trying to set up my iPredator.se PPTP connection), after I click Create it doesn't show up? I've looked around and all I can find is some mention about network-manager not having the right permissions. But I have network manager running as a daemon (and yes, I have the standard network daemon disabled), so I would have thought that the permissions shouldn't be an issue? Oh and I also have my username added to the group 'network' as that also seemed to be a solution for some related issues; hasn't worked.
Any ideas?

'All we ever were, just zeroes and ones'

#2 2012-06-01 13:43:53

DarkCerberus
Banned

Re: Can't create a VPN connection in Gnome's network settings?

Try putting networkmanager in the daemons section in the rc.conf file and see if that enables you to alter the settings.

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

#3 2012-06-01 13:54:18

Throne777

DarkCerberus wrote:

Try putting networkmanager in the daemons section in the rc.conf file and see if that enables you to alter the settings.

It's already there sad

'All we ever were, just zeroes and ones'

#4 2012-06-02 14:20:39

DarkCerberus
Banned

Throne777 wrote:
DarkCerberus wrote:

It's already there sad

I've done some digging and think I've found a solution try installing  the "networkmanager-vpnc" on your system then do a system restart and see if that enables you to create a VPN connection - I got this from the GNOME 3 FAQ. I've also checked and can confirm that networkmanager-vpnc is in the official repository.

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

Board footer