You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-06 07:57:34

Legout

Searching a good Forum Software!!

Hi everybody,

as i wrote in the Topic, i´m searching an easy to use/configure Software for a Forum, which i wanna set up for  my table tennis club.

Anyone here have some good links for me??
Or better a good software and a lil "how to " for setting up a forum.

Many thanks
Legout

#2 2005-09-06 08:10:23

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Searching a good Forum Software!!

I like punBB. Some prefer phpBB, but I find punBB much faster (less image intensive layout is appealing to me as well).
Some do prefer phpBB though, so don't discount that as an option.
There are a ton of other bb forum software solutions out there, but those are the two I am most familiar with.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-09-06 08:14:38

Legout

I´ll have a look at this ones.

This Forum is phpBB, isn´t it?

#4 2005-09-06 09:20:03

kleptophobiac

I run a phpBB forum, and I'm getting sick of it. I'm completely unfamiliar with what else is out there - can anything take a mature phpbb forum and convert the databse for use with a different forum app?

#5 2005-09-06 16:25:58

robot5x

A lot of 'proper' boards use Invision which seems to have a lot of nice features. It's not free though, but often comes with some hosting deals. They provide tools to convert from different bb's to invision, and you can get a free demo here

#6 2005-09-06 16:32:32

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

http://www.opensourcecms.com/
Click on the "forums" tree node on the left side to expand it. Then you can compare the different open source forum softwares...and check out some demos of them. wink

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer