You are not logged in.

#151 2012-06-10 18:16:57

el mariachi

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle V

I can't run both Psychonaut's and Supermeatboy's installer bin... "zsh: no such file or directory: ./psychonauts-linux-06042012-bin"
I downloaded the amd64 version..

output of "file":

psychonauts-linux-06042012-bin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped

forget about it... I'll just run from my chroot. I thought these were 64bit

Last edited by el mariachi (2012-06-10 18:24:31)

#152 2012-06-11 23:43:19

tomato

I'm trying to make the maintainers to actually do something about broken dependencies (like introducing a virtual "dri" package for applications that require hardware acceleration) so that the PKGBUILDs could have "depends" that actually work, but I'm met with a bit of opposition:

If I suggest adding dependencies directly to packages, they won't listen and just close bugs:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30250
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30251

Alternative solution (support for logical or in dependencies) is also met with quite cold welcome:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30125

I don't know, either I'm sounding rude to native speakers (I'm sorry then, I wouldn't be using Arch for more than 5 years if I didn't value their work) or a single "trouble maker" is ignored (for some unknown reason).

sorry for my miserable english, it's my third language ; )

#153 2012-06-13 20:10:01

brotatos

When I play Bastion and go to any shop, the items automatically scroll so I can't pick a weapon. I have to time it and am hardly successful. Any fixes for this?

I've already downloaded the latest bastion version too:

Version        : 3-2

#154 2012-06-14 21:48:02

Nanthiel

Whenever I try to run Bastion with my nvidia card, half the screen is missing (windowed or not). I'm not impressed.

With the intel card, and the hacky extra parameter, it runs, but chokes when there's rain. Removing all the rain is hardly a solution. So much for Linux support.

I also wasted about half an hour to get Limbo working, in the end finding out that it works with either the builtin Wine or Arch's default, but you musn't have more than 1 screen set up with randr or it just crashes.

I haven't tried the other games yet.

Sorry for the rant, I had to. I hate being lied to.

#155 2012-06-14 23:57:08

ChemBro

Nanthiel wrote:

At least you could admit, that not everything is the developer's fault (for example problem with intel cards). Also did you try the new Bastion build?

It's not fair to blame intel's bad driver performance on the game developers.

#156 2012-06-15 00:08:07

Earnestly

el mariachi wrote:

I can't run both Psychonaut's and Supermeatboy's installer bin... "zsh: no such file or directory: ./ "
I downloaded the amd64 version..

output of "file":

psychonauts-linux-06042012-bin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped

forget about it... I'll just run from my chroot. I thought these were 64bit

unzip psychonauts-linux-06042012-bin -d ~/games/psychonauts
cd ~/games/psychonauts/data
./Psychonauts

Same deal for supermeatboy.

Last edited by Earnestly (2012-06-15 00:08:48)

#157 2012-06-15 00:52:22

Nanthiel

ChemBro wrote:
Nanthiel wrote:

At least you could admit, that not everything is the developer's fault (for example problem with intel cards). Also did you try the new Bastion build?

It's not fair to blame intel's bad driver performance on the game developers.

What is the new Bastion build? Google doesn't seem to know. Pacman says I've got 2012-06-13, I don't know how to make Bastion itself speak. And where do you even get different Bastion builds?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Intel's drivers. For example, they work fine for Heroes of Newerth. And HoN works with Bumblebee aswell. This is a Bastion problem.

#158 2012-06-15 07:24:38

ChemBro

Nanthiel wrote:

What is the new Bastion build? Google doesn't seem to know. Pacman says I've got 2012-06-13, I don't know how to make Bastion itself speak. And where do you even get different Bastion builds?

From your humble bundle purchase site. How should google know, that there is a new Bastion build for Linux? And how should pacman know it? Also the build is from 2012-06-14.

#159 2012-06-15 12:20:36

Nanthiel

ChemBro wrote:
Nanthiel wrote:

From your humble bundle purchase site. How should google know, that there is a new Bastion build for Linux? And how should pacman know it? Also the build is from 2012-06-14.

I have that build, which other one would I have gotten? And pacman does show a package version if you use the installer that comes with Bastion.

#160 2012-06-15 14:16:10

fettouhi

This bundle was great this time. Bastion is a fantastic game. I've played through that and Limbo so far. I wanted to play Braid now. Does anybody know if Braid supports gamepad like a xbox 360 controller?

#161 2012-06-15 21:19:39

ChemBro

Nanthiel wrote:
ChemBro wrote:
Nanthiel wrote:

I have that build, which other one would I have gotten? And pacman does show a package version if you use the installer that comes with Bastion.

I don't understand you. It doesn't make sense, what you are saying, sorry.

#162 2012-06-15 21:37:52

cra

(Bastion) Damn that Intel GPU is so slow!
Got a new computer recently and tried it.. Even with rain turned off it sucks :\

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind

#163 2012-06-17 22:22:36

tomato

cra wrote:

Got a new computer recently and tried it.. Even with rain turned off it sucks :\

Bastion works without any problems using OSS Radeon drivers so it's more a problem of Intel GPU performance or their drivers performance. Not much Bastion developers can actually fix...

sorry for my miserable english, it's my third language ; )

#164 2012-06-17 23:39:00

Nanthiel

tomato wrote:
cra wrote:

Bastion works without any problems using OSS Radeon drivers so it's more a problem of Intel GPU performance or their drivers performance. Not much Bastion developers can actually fix...

Seems like they're using some calls only Intel cards/their drivers choke at.
Has someone tried running Bastion on Windows with the same Intel card that's causing problems on Arch?

I couldn't bring myself to blame Intel's drivers because they've served me fantastically so far, definitely better in terms of configuration than Nvidia's (but that's Optimus's fault, I guess proper desktop cards don't have many problems).

Last edited by Nanthiel (2012-06-17 23:39:35)

#165 2012-06-22 00:05:04

brotatos

I'm experiencing this weird bug in psychonauts where the protagonist is constantly running a little bit to the left. For some reason, the menus also autoscroll. Anyone know how to fix this?

#166 2012-06-22 07:15:08

el mariachi

are you using a gamepad?

#167 2012-06-22 08:03:44

quantumphaze

brotatos wrote:

I'm experiencing this weird bug in psychonauts where the protagonist is constantly running a little bit to the left. For some reason, the menus also autoscroll. Anyone know how to fix this?

Do you have a Microsoft keyboard(/mouse combo)? The bloody things show up as a joystick to implement some of those extra non-standard buttons. Some models do this even if they don't have them. My one only has volume, mute and play/pause. Both give standard XF86 key codes with xev yet it still makes a js0 device.

Your options are to either:

• Create a udev rule (recommended but I can't get this working for myself)

• Blacklist the joydev module

• rm /dev/input/js0

• Unplug the keyboard, run the game, then plug it back in

▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

#168 2012-06-22 19:28:44

Zazzman

brotatos wrote:

I had this too.  Up and to the Left like the Zibruder Film.

el mariachi wrote:

are you using a gamepad?

I was using the xboxdrv userspace driver, and it worked pretty well with Bastion out of the box.   Beautifully, in fact.  I am also using a Logitech K750 wireless solar keyboard (with its own power switch), and a standard USB laser mouse.  The keyboard has a couple of extra functions, but nothing too crazy.  Nothing to make it show up as a joystick like quantumphaze mentioned about Microsoft keyboard and mouse sets.

In Psychonauts, It works normally when I leave the Xbox controller turned off before even choosing to run the game..  But when I get nostalgic for the console roots of the game, this same "Zibruder error" doesn't go away even after I turn off the controller.  The js0, js1, etc interfaces from the controller are not turned off because the game doesn't know to quit them.

Yep, sounds like the game doesn't handle joysticks very well at all.  It's playable, but I'm not satisfied enough to stop looking for a way to use my gamepad.

#169 2012-06-22 20:50:21

brotatos

I'm not using any gamepads. I'm using a Dell keyboard and mouse combo.

[    2.125761] input: DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.2/usb5/5-1/5-1:1.0/input/input0
[    2.125845] generic-usb 0003:046D:C063.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse] on usb-0000:00:1a.2-1/input0

#170 2012-06-23 04:25:06

ico

kdar wrote:

Did anyone play Limbo with controller (like xbox or other)? It probably would be nice to play Limbo on large tv. But I don't have controller and not sure which ones work well with linux.

I have Xbox 360 controller and it doesn't work with Limbo. Because Limbo is "wrapped" using Wine. Not exactly a native game. sad

#171 2012-06-25 12:05:39

bananaoomarang

Nanthiel wrote:
tomato wrote:
cra wrote:

Seems like they're using some calls only Intel cards/their drivers choke at.
Has someone tried running Bastion on Windows with the same Intel card that's causing problems on Arch?

I couldn't bring myself to blame Intel's drivers because they've served me fantastically so far, definitely better in terms of configuration than Nvidia's (but that's Optimus's fault, I guess proper desktop cards don't have many problems).

I got Bastion to run on my friend's Intel card under Ubuntu just fine when I forced it to a lower resolution, try the cmd line switches:

-windowed -x [xres] -y [yres], I just forced it down to 800x600 and it ran butter smooth, despite being completely unplayable in native resolution.

#172 2012-06-26 00:22:40

dcouch

at the moment, I have Bastion running ok with a wired xbox360 controller and xpad.  I am not too sure which build it is, but I downloaded it today from HB site.  There is no rumble, however.  Otherwise directional controls/attack/etc work fine.  It SOMEWHAT works with xboxdrv, except that once you are in game, button A does not evade - it works fine in menusm however.

#173 2012-07-01 09:42:19

fettouhi

ico wrote:
kdar wrote:

Did anyone play Limbo with controller (like xbox or other)? It probably would be nice to play Limbo on large tv. But I don't have controller and not sure which ones work well with linux.

I have Xbox 360 controller and it doesn't work with Limbo. Because Limbo is "wrapped" using Wine. Not exactly a native game. sad

Yes it does work with a xbox 360 controller. You have to use the xboxdrv and then you need to put the xinput1_3.dll and xbox360ce.ini from this package

x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1.zip

http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/ (found here)

where the limbo executable is and then launch limbo after you have set up the xboxdrv.

EDIT:

I launch the xboxdrv with these options

xboxdrv --silent --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,TR=BTN_THUMBL,TL=BTN_MODE,GUIDE=BTN_THUMBR

Last edited by fettouhi (2012-07-01 09:45:24)

#174 2012-07-24 05:30:34

nikod

I made my own x360ce.ini, it work with the triggers.

[Options]
UseInitBeep=0             #use 0 to 1; default 1; beep on init
Log=0                     #use 0 to 1; creates a log file in folder 'x360ce logs'
FakeAPI=1                 #use API patching

[PAD1]
Index=0                   #controller index in system game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad
Native=0                  #experimental native mode, calls system xinput1_3.dll to support xinput compatible controller together with emulated
Left Analog X=1           #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog Y=-2          #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog X=4          #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=-5         #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog X+ Button=0   #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog X- Button=0   #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y+ Button=0   #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y- Button=0   #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X+ Button=0  #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X- Button=0  #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y+ Button=0  #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y- Button=0  #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad POV=1               #POV index; 0 to disable
D-pad Up=0                #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Down=0              #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Left=0              #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Right=0             #button id; 0 to disable
A=1                       #button id; 0 to disable
B=2                       #button id; 0 to disable
X=3                       #button id; 0 to disable
Y=4                       #button id; 0 to disable
Left Shoulder=5           #button id; 0 to disable
Right Shoulder=6          #button id; 0 to disable
Back=7                   #button id; 0 to disable
Start=8                  #button id; 0 to disable
Left Thumb=10             #button id; 0 to disable
Right Thumb=11            #button id; 0 to disable
TriggerDeadzone=5         #use 0 to 255; default 0; add deadzone to trigger
Left Trigger=x-3            #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; 'x' for a half range axis; 'h' for half slider; use '-' to invert ie. x-2;
Right Trigger=x3           #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; 'x' for a half range axis; 'h' for half slider; use '-' to invert ie. x-2;
UseForceFeedback=1        #use 0 to 1; default 0
SwapMotor=0               #use 0 to 1; default 0
ForcePercent=5         #use 0 to 100; default 100
ControllerType=1          #GAMEPAD 1; WHEEL 2; STICK 3; FLIGHT_SICK 4; DANCE_PAD 5; GUITAR 6; DRUM_KIT 8;   //WILDS
AxisToDPad=0              #Use Axis to control DPad (0 disabled, 1 enabled)                                 //WILDS
AxisToDPadDeadZone=256    #Dead zone for Axis                                                               //WILDS
AxisToDPadOffset=0        #                                                                                 //WILDS
POVXReverse=0             #Reverse POV Up/Down
POVYReverse=0             #Reverse POV Left/Right

You will need to launch the xboxdrv like this:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-zaxis

if you want rumble then use "--force-feedback", it isn't working very well on limbo.

#175 2012-07-25 00:43:23

cra

bananaoomarang wrote:

I got Bastion to run on my friend's Intel card under Ubuntu just fine when I forced it to a lower resolution, try the cmd line switches:

-windowed -x [xres] -y [yres], I just forced it down to 800x600 and it ran butter smooth, despite being completely unplayable in native resolution.

I finally just switched the resolution from the game menu (it ignored the switches for me). It runs smooth with the rain and stuff.

Just finished the game in one sitting. Amazing :) Haven't done that in a 7 years :-D

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind

Board footer