You are not logged in.

#201 2011-11-07 19:38:15

Tarffull

Re: jumanji - a web browser

I have:
1. Downloaded the jumanji-git PKGBUILD from the aur (Briefly looked at it and saw the git command, I didn't look long enough to see that it wasn't github)
2. Build the package with the default configuration (not installed, just makepkg -s)
3. Edited the source (config.c, changed the string that says "http://pwmt.org/ to "http://archlinux.org/")
4. Rebuild and installed (makepkg -si)
5. My jumanjirc is empty
6. Ran jumanji and got pwmt.org

#202 2011-11-07 19:51:26

mlq
Website

Hello,

Tarffull wrote:

I have:
1. Downloaded the jumanji-git PKGBUILD from the aur (Briefly looked at it and saw the git command, I didn't look long enough to see that it wasn't github)
2. Build the package with the default configuration (not installed, just makepkg -s)
3. Edited the source (config.c, changed the string that says "http://pwmt.org/ to "http://archlinux.org/")
4. Rebuild and installed (makepkg -si)
5. My jumanjirc is empty
6. Ran jumanji and got pwmt.org

I am afraid that this won't work that way, since a new build always copies the latest source to src/jumanji-build and performs a rebuild so the changes you made will be overwritten.

Best regards

#203 2011-11-07 19:57:28

Tarffull

Crap! I forgot to edit that in the PKGBUILD! Thank you so much for the help mlq!

#204 2011-11-08 01:09:00

mhertz

.. No need to edit the pkgbuild, but just simply run 'makepkg -efi', after having made your changes to the source.

However, as allready stated, then it's better, upgrade-wise, to just add the changes to ~/.config/jumanji/jumanjirc...

#205 2011-11-09 16:11:14

lilsirecho
Veteran

Installed the latest jumanji-git.

When searching for multiple url's, the display is super wide...about four times the width of the 1600 x 900 led display.

What command can I use to correct the discrepancy?

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#206 2011-11-09 20:18:39

docker

lilsirecho wrote:

Installed the latest jumanji-git.

When searching for multiple url's, the display is super wide...about four times the width of the 1600 x 900 led display.

Same here with 1280x800 screen size. I'm not sure what causes it. Usually when I searching on google and fighting with that I cant use the key bindings because always start typing in the search field.

#207 2011-12-16 18:59:05

Onyros

Another (cool) script working pretty well on jumanji --> PanScroll <--

Just load it up in jumanjirc - don't forget to save it on your scripts folder first - and then start panning with your middle mouse button click.

I used something similar in uzbl before, and I actually preferred that script because there were a few configurable parameters, but this one works pretty well, too.

Does anyone have a smooth scrolling script that works with jumanji?

edit: After further review, unfortunately, this seems to mess up the middle click to open new tabs on background. Jumped the gun a little there.

Last edited by Onyros (2011-12-16 19:05:39)

#208 2012-01-06 23:25:52

lilsirecho
Veteran

After upgrade to Linux 3.1.7-1, jumanji produces display of URL more than four times normal width of 1600x900.

Previously reported similar activity on earlier version with no responses regarding such behavior.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#209 2012-01-25 17:28:35

sunv

I'm a noob so please help me answer these problems.
I installed jumanji from AUR.

I have some issues:

1. on google search page, if I want to scroll down with "j", it actually types "j" in the search bar and updates the search. How do I return focus to the input bar?

2. Is there any way to change the zoom setting? On chromium you can set it to 85%, 69%, etc. This helps on a netbook screen where its better if the buttons and icons were smallers and closer together.

There is only a dpi setting but its in config.h. If I make a change there, do I have to reinstall the whole jumanji to get it to work with changes I put in config.h? I figured since the whole jumanji/ is sitting in my home folder.

3. I want to map a whole bunch of different buttons (esc to stop, alt-left for back, alt-right for forward, C-l for open, C-t for tabopen). I've tried these mappings but it doesn't work. Is my syntax wrong?

map <BackSpace> nav_history previous
map <A-Left>; nav_history previous
map <A-Right>; nav_history next
map <Esc> focus_inputbar :stop
map <C-t> focus_inputbar :tabopen
map <C-l> focus_inputbar :open
map <C-t> cmd_tabopen
map <C-n> cmd_winopen
map <F5> cmd_reload

the "focus_inputbar" works but for example with open, it results in the inputbar having ":open", with the quotes there and I can't get a space added after ":open" so I can just type my address.

4. What is style.css for? Located in ~/.config/jumanji/style.css. I dont have one and I dont know where to get it. I just commented out that line in my jumanjirc.

5. Why does my hinting not work? I downloaded a hinting.js file found on this thread and put it in ~/.config/jumanji/scripts/ but when I type f, it just says "Follow hint:" and I press buttons and nothing happens. On luakit at least there was a bunch of numbers that popped up highlighting the links.

6. How do I get it so I dont have to keep entering in my password each time? I read someone used privoxy to somehow keep his cookies longer or something.

7. This might be an issue unrelated to jumanji but privoxy doesn't work. When I put "set proxy localhost:8118" on my jumanjirc, when I load up jumanji it says it can't connect to localhost. I have downloaded privoxy.

Thanks for your helps.

#210 2012-02-02 22:55:13

sunv

anyone have advice?

#211 2012-02-13 19:39:35

alpa8le

Here is the problem: I am opening the site 9gag.com on jumanji and it stops working. It doesnt read inputs or anything. Is there a way to fix it?
And my second question is how can I set default view zoom. I don't want to zoom out every time I open Jumanji.
Thanks in advance.

#212 2012-02-13 19:47:32

alpa8le

Hi sunv.
I am a noob too but I think I know your first question's answer.
When I click the titlebar -where it says " 1 | Google" when on google- it reads the input as command.
Hope this helps.

#213 2012-02-27 10:22:51

Lockheed

How can I set jumanji to save window position and size between sessions?

man for jumanji-git doesn't exist, and the one for jumanji is very limited.

#214 2012-03-30 15:37:38

inkling

for your general config pwmt.org has them by project with configs this gets a face lift and corrections fairly often.

http://pwmt.org/projects/girara/options/
if using the girara version
these go in your jumanjirc (usually ~/.config/jumanjirc)
window-height

Defines the window height on startup

Value-type: Integer
Default value: 600
window-width

Defines the window width on startup

Value-type: Integer
Default value: 800

older versions used just height and width i believe
position is so wonky with all the apps i use finally i just made my window manager do its job.
compiz does as with openbox and fluxbox, each in their own special way, I know not for others.

srry looks like we killed this forum again

Last edited by inkling (2012-03-30 15:40:43)

#215 2012-05-02 10:13:32

Lockheed

Just wanted to let you know jumanji does not work with flash mobies on blip, while it works perfectly fine with youtube. Strange.

#216 2012-05-11 16:55:39

jbritton

I'm using the current aur version of jumanji (20120509-1) and I'm a little confused about the adblock capabilities. I've used privoxy before but on pwmt.org it looks like it can be done without this now?

from http://pwmt.org/projects/jumanji/usage/ :
jumanji supports adblock plus filter lists that can be downloaded from the subscriptions website of adblock plus.

To use a filter list you just have to download and save them into your ~/.config/jumanji/adblock/ directory and jumanji will read and parse them automatically on startup.

But with the file easylist.txt in that folder I'm still getting ads. I've tested the easylist file with dwb and it works there, so it seems to be on jumanji's end. Is this a feature in the 20120509-1 version? I have trouble keep track of what applies to which versions lately.

#217 2012-07-22 09:33:33

MicroJoe
Website

Hi all, I'm encountering some issues with Jumanji.

I read in this thread at tip in order to save my cookies at closing jumanji in order to restore them at next launching.
Here are the commands that I added to my jumanjirc :

set autosave 60
set default_session_name start
set session_restored true

And here is what I got when in start Jumanji (from a term) :

warning: Unknown option: auto_save
warning: Unknown option: default_session_name
warning: Unknown option: session_restored

Any ideas ? These options had changed name ?

Last edited by MicroJoe (2012-07-22 09:34:16)

#218 2012-07-26 15:48:16

DoctorSamulus

I love this browser but how can I get it to use xdg-open? I would LOVE to be able to open magnet links for example.

#219 2012-08-28 12:13:09

hrubi

jbritton wrote:

I'm using the current aur version of jumanji (20120509-1) and I'm a little confused about the adblock capabilities. I've used privoxy before but on pwmt.org it looks like it can be done without this now?

from http://pwmt.org/projects/jumanji/usage/ :
jumanji supports adblock plus filter lists that can be downloaded from the subscriptions website of adblock plus.

To use a filter list you just have to download and save them into your ~/.config/jumanji/adblock/ directory and jumanji will read and parse them automatically on startup.

But with the file easylist.txt in that folder I'm still getting ads. I've tested the easylist file with dwb and it works there, so it seems to be on jumanji's end. Is this a feature in the 20120509-1 version? I have trouble keep track of what applies to which versions lately.

I've just checked and the adblock code is only in the develop branch

#220 2013-01-13 20:15:54

Nemesis1963

sunv wrote:

I have some issues:

1. on google search page, if I want to scroll down with "j", it actually types "j" in the search bar and updates the search. How do I return focus to the input bar?

I can confirm there is a problem with google stealing focus.
Whenever I click in the form there is no way to get keyboard control to the input bar.
"ESC" key was supposed to do the trick but actually does nothing.
This only happens with google: on other sites like duckduckgo and yahoo the "ESC" key works just fine.
.... odd ....

#221 2013-01-13 20:28:02

Nemesis1963

sunv wrote:

I have some issues:

2. Is there any way to change the zoom setting? On chromium you can set it to 85%, 69%, etc. This helps on a netbook screen where its better if the buttons and icons were smallers and closer together.

Add set zoom-level 1.00 (or whatever you like) in your ~/.config/jumanji/jumanjirc

#222 2013-01-19 12:42:54

letian_north

Installed jumanji-hg from AUR, getting "missing plug-in" when trying to watch flash video at any site.
How to enable flash support?

#223 2013-01-24 22:27:03

rosenheim

DoctorSamulus wrote:

I love this browser but how can I get it to use xdg-open? I would LOVE to be able to open magnet links for example.

I managed to fix that with some help by Sarkasper's comment in the AUR.

First save jumanji.desktop in ~/.local/share/applications/ where jumanji.desktop is:
(Taken from http://pastebin.com/e8chnL9n)

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Jumanji
GenericName=Web Browser
Comment=A minimalistic web browser
Exec=jumanji %U
Terminal=false
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;application/xhtml+xml;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;x-scheme-handler/geo;image/svg+xml;

then add following lines to your ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list;

[Default Applications]
x-scheme-handler/http=jumanji.desktop
x-scheme-handler/https=jumanji.desktop

[Added Associations]
x-scheme-handler/http=jumanji.desktop;
x-scheme-handler/https=jumanji.desktop;

And that should solve your problem. smile

EDIT: Saw the date of the quotation, but hopefully this will help somebody.

Last edited by rosenheim (2013-01-24 22:31:48)

#224 2013-01-27 13:02:01

letian_north

letian_north wrote:

Installed jumanji-hg from AUR, getting "missing plug-in" when trying to watch flash video at any site.
How to enable flash support?

And when editing google document I'm unable to use any hotkeys within jumanji, since they are all get intercepted by google doc and printed in as characters. How do I configure it?

1. How do I enable flash support? (My flash works all right in Firefox and Chromium)
2. How do I use the hotkeys when I am editing a document in jumanji (ex. google docs)?

#225 2013-08-15 10:58:27

rootbox

I changed from aur/jumanji to aur/jumanji-git and get this Error:

benedikt@pacman ~ % jumanji                        
info: [adblock] loaded filter: /home/benedikt/.config/jumanji/adblock/easylist.txt
warning: Unknown option: auto_save
warning: Unknown option: single_instance
warning: Too many arguments for :set.
warning: Unknown option: download_dir
warning: Too many arguments for :set.
warning: Not a valid shortcut function: nav_history
warning: Not a valid shortcut function: nav_history
warning: Could not process line 11 in '/home/benedikt/.config/jumanji/jumanjirc': Unknown handle 'bmap'
warning: Data files have been detected in the old data directory /home/benedikt/.config/jumanji. Please move them to the new data directory /home/benedikt/.local/share/jumanji.

** (jumanji:3611): CRITICAL **: girara_list_iterator_data: assertion `iter && iter->element' failed
[3]    3611 segmentation fault (core dumped)  jumanji

Any idea how to fix that issue?

Last edited by rootbox (2013-08-15 11:01:06)

Board footer