You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-11 18:48:06

guidone

[SOLVED]Unable to boot in UEFI mode from CD

Hello gents!
Here's the problem:
According to the beginner's guide I followed the instruction to test if I am in UEFI mode:
In case you have a UEFI motherboard, the CD/USB will launch UEFI Shell and display a message that

startup.nsh

script will be launched. Allow the shell to launch it. Then, to check whether you have booted into UEFI mode, load the efivars kernel module (before chrooting) and then check whether there are files in

/sys/firmware/efi/vars/
# modprobe efivars       # before chrooting
# ls -1 /sys/firmware/efi/vars/

Well, the thing is that when I boot the CD no UEFI Shell is launched as well as no

startup.nsh

When I try to load the efivars I don't receive any message, so, I assume, the module is loaded; but the, when I invoke ls the message I receive is:

#ls: cannot access /sys/firmware/efi/vars/: No such file or directory

To me it looks that for some reason I am unable to access the UEFI mode when starting the CD iso.
Thank you guys for your courteous attention.
Have a wonderful day!!!

P.S. I've searched already in the following posts:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 84#p148184
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 55#p148155

P.S.2
My mobo is an ASUS Maximus V Gene with i3770K on it.

Edit:
Ok guys! Thanks to all of you, but everything was brought about by my scarce knowledge of the mobo. Logging into the BIOS, in the boot section, you have to choose between normal DVD and UEFI DVD. When selecting the last, everything, I mean, the startup phase at least, went well.
Enjoy everybody big_smile

Any idea how to close/"solved" this forum tread?

Last edited by guidone (2012-09-11 20:34:21)

#2 2012-09-11 20:04:41

DSpider

Re: [SOLVED]Unable to boot in UEFI mode from CD

guidone wrote:

Any idea how to close/"solved" this forum tread?

README: Forum Rules

Simply edit the original post by clicking on the 'edit' button at the lower right corner of it and prepend [SOLVED] to the title.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-09-11 20:35:31

guidone

Re: [SOLVED]Unable to boot in UEFI mode from CD

Ooops! Thanks big_smile

Last edited by guidone (2012-09-11 20:35:47)

Board footer