Every BitTorrent client I start to use stops working after a while. Speeds are around 10-20 kb/s and won't go up, no matter how much peers does torrent have. I used Qbittorrent for a few years, but when he started to have problems like this, I begin to use Deluge and Ktorrent, and both of them after a while started to have the same problem. Currently I use Transmission, it works fine right now. I tried changing every single privacy and port options with these clients, but no result. Also tried deleting config files for those programs, nothing changed. On the same PC I have SolusOS and Chakra installed, and all those programs work fine there.
EDIT: Just tried with fresh Arch install on another hard disk, default system settings and everything's the same. So definitely it's something with Arch, not with torrent clients.
Last edited by blast beat (2012-08-22 13:44:13)
I found out that few of my friends have the same problem with Arch, and we all use different internet providers, so it's even more confusing. And no one knows how to solve this problem.
If you are using UPnP or NAT-PMP to "punch holes" in the router, try turning it off and manually port forward the (correct) range of ports using the router's configuration. Then attempt to recreate the problem.
I haven't done update for a while, and when I did it, there was new version of netcfg package. After restart everything was back to normal for some reason. So, probaby netcfg made those problems, but don't know why.