You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-03 01:54:55

OakRaider4Life

wpa_actiond Disconnects from network after sleep

I've been having an issue with net-auto-wireless for a bit that I kind of put off fixing by switching to wicd for a while, but I really dislike wicd, and have become sick of using it, so I'm back to attempting to fix my net-auto-wireless issue.

The issue is, whenever I put my laptop to sleep, then bring it back online, I get disconnected from whatever network I was connected to. This happens on open and secured networks alike, across security types. I'm using dhclient, as dhcpcd used to case the exact same problem, but in a slightly different way, as it would time out on dhcp requests. In that case, my computer simply never reconnected to the network. Now, I'm having an issue where net-auto-wireless re-establishes the connection without any issues, but then 15-30 seconds later wpa_actiond disconnects me for seemingly no reason. In my daemons log, this is the tail that leads up to the disconnect after waking up the computer:

Oct  2 18:35:53 localhost dbus[508]: [system] Activating service name='org.wicd.daemon' (using servicehelper)
Oct  2 18:35:53 localhost dbus[508]: [system] Activated service 'org.wicd.daemon' failed: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 1
Oct  2 18:35:56 localhost dhclient: DHCPREQUEST on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
Oct  2 18:35:56 localhost dhclient: DHCPACK from 1.1.1.1
Oct  2 18:35:56 localhost dhclient: bound to 10.40.16.45 -- renewal in 1782 seconds.
Oct  2 18:35:56 localhost laptop-mode: Warning: Configuration file /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/board-specific/*.conf is not readable, skipping.
Oct  2 18:35:57 localhost laptop-mode: Laptop mode
Oct  2 18:35:57 localhost laptop-mode: disabled, not active
Oct  2 18:35:57 localhost laptop-mode: ERROR: hdparm not installed.
Oct  2 18:36:21 localhost wpa_actiond[14700]: Interface 'wlan0' disconnected from network 'mynetwork'

After that, the log spits out a bunch of errors from dhclient about not being able to receive packets on wlan0, since wpa_actiond disconnected the interface.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem further from here. Is there more troubleshooting I can do? Should I just file a bug report?

#2 2012-10-03 03:20:36

WonderWoofy

Re: wpa_actiond Disconnects from network after sleep

I had this problem until a recent upgrade.  I figured it had been fixed, but I guess maybe not.  Though I am not sure why it works on my computer now. 

As a workaround, I just used a script in /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep to call "netcfg suspend" and "netcfg resume" for sleep and wake, respectively.  It is actually what pm-utils was doing for me before I switched to systemd.

#3 2012-10-03 05:09:13

OakRaider4Life

Yeah I'm still on sysV, but I decided to add a sleep.d script to take care of the issue for now. Since the disconnect is, as far as I can tell, inexplicable, I guess I'd better file a bug report.

#4 2012-10-03 05:48:40

WonderWoofy

Yeah, I am not sure about initscripts.  But I figure since there is the below script w/ pm-utils, this is probably a known issue.

--> cat 50netcfg
#!/bin/bash

. /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions

suspend_netcfg() {
	netcfg all-suspend
}

resume_netcfg() {
	netcfg all-resume
}

if type netcfg > /dev/null; then
	case "$1" in
		hibernate|suspend)
			suspend_netcfg
			;;
		thaw|resume)
			resume_netcfg
			;;
		*)
			;;
	esac
fi

exit $?

Also there is a 55wicd script, but that already works for you I guess.

Edit: BTW, it sources functions, but it is not needed in this script (obviously).

2nd Edit:  I realized that the above script is actually included with the pm-quirks package.  You're lucky I am from the bay area with that Raider pride, because I installed those packages to reference this for you.

Last edited by WonderWoofy (2012-10-03 05:51:39)

#5 2012-10-03 20:36:04

OakRaider4Life

WonderWoofy wrote:

You're lucky I am from the bay area with that Raider pride, because I installed those packages to reference this for you.

lol... Well consider me much obliged!

Board footer