You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-12 17:52:54

n0stradamus
Website

VPN and Networkmanager

Hi guys!

My university uses a VPN for which you need to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on Windows. It also exists on Linux but somehow didn't work for me. I know that the openconnect package exists in the repositories, but I want to use networkmanager for my vpn. I suspect that I have a permissions problem somewhere or a  general bug in my configuration. I tried lots of different approaches but I think that it is plain ugly to have some script with set-uid root start some services just to join the VPN. I've reset my configuration as I don't need it at the moment and want to start over with a clean networkmanager config.

Can anyone help me or give me a hint? I really am at loss how to join the VPN with networkmanager.

PS: I am member of the following groups: network lp wheel video audio optical users

Last edited by n0stradamus (2012-10-12 17:53:31)

#2 2012-10-12 18:09:39

ewaller
Administrator

Re: VPN and Networkmanager

Moving to Networking Issues

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2012-10-12 18:31:06

Strike0

Have you tried the networkmanager-openconnect package also? http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort … orkmanager

#4 2012-10-13 08:56:34

n0stradamus
Website

No, I haven't until now. The problem is - and I don't seem to be able to find out - that I don't really get the difference between networkmanager-pptp, networkmanager-openconnect and so on. Could you clarify that for me please?

Last edited by n0stradamus (2012-10-13 09:13:44)

#5 2012-10-13 10:23:57

n0stradamus
Website

Okay nevermind, all I my config was missing, was myself being a member of the 'network' group.
Found that out by pure testing, I thought I had been a member smile
Thread can be closed.

#6 2012-10-13 16:30:40

ewaller
Administrator

n0stradamus wrote:

Thread can be closed.

Hi, we leave threads open (even though that runs the risk of them coming back from the dead in a year) so other people with the same problem, or those with other solutions can still chime in.  What you should do is edit your first post, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the thread title to help others who are performing searches.  Moderators don't do that, because only you know if the problem is really solved smile

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer