You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-14 20:53:24

lorizean

Unable to connect to home network (WPA2-PSK, works on Windows)

Hello!

I am having problems with connecting to my home network (on a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7360 SL) which uses WPA2-PSK encryption.

Windows works normally so I don't think that it is a router issue.

In addition, I managed to connect to my Universities WPA2 network and another unsecured network without problems.

I tried netcfg+wpa_supplicant, wpa_supplicant on its own and wicd (on a sidenote, wicd didn't even manage to connect to the router when using a cable). None worked.

This is the wpa_supplicant conf file that I am using:

## wpa_aachen.conf
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

network={
  ssid="myssid"
  psk=hexcode
  proto=WPA RSN
  key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
  pairwise=CCMP TKIP
}

I am getting an "authentication timeout" error everytime I try. Yes, I double and triple checked the passphrase. I also tried it via hexcode and plaintext passphrase.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited by lorizean (2012-10-14 20:59:49)

#2 2012-10-14 21:39:36

fixles

Re: Unable to connect to home network (WPA2-PSK, works on Windows)

I once had an authentication problem with Linux but not on windows with wireless which turned out to be a non standard length of the password. Think WPA2 passwords are suppose to be 8 or 11 characters long. Try changing the password.

#3 2012-12-29 19:47:07

j28

Re: Unable to connect to home network (WPA2-PSK, works on Windows)

Ive been trying the same thing for several hours googling it etc. wicd doesnt work always ends up with bad password error no matter what..
so.. this worked for me:

get into term as root and type:

NetworkManager start

then it will pop up in the notification area click network settings / wireless /connect to hidden network and type name, pass and it connect just fine..
really simple and it works smile

Board footer