You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-10 01:49:15

paperinik

SQLite Tutorial

I have been googling a few hours for a decent tutorial on how to setup an SQLite database (with user & password). The documentation at the SQLite site is unsatisfactory. From some links, I have learned you have to create a /usr/local/sqlite/var directory where the databases are stored. I also have learned about an sqlrelay.conf file. I didn't learn where that file should be stored. I couldn't figure out how to populate a database.

A while ago, I posted a topic asking about a PostgreSQL tutorial. That tutorial was simple & helpful. With PostgreSQL, all I need is these 3 commands to setup a database:

su - postgres
createuser username -P
createdb databasename -O username

I am hoping someone could provide an SQLite tutorial about what commands to use, directories & files to create and where to create or store them. Thanks.

#2 2005-10-10 03:38:56

soloport

Re: SQLite Tutorial

You may have read this already, but, here's a Howto:
http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefor … orial.html

#3 2005-10-10 04:23:53

paperinik

soloport wrote:

You may have read this already

Yes, but from another link. Like many other links I have seen, it doesn't mention creating a user and password. It doesn't say how or from where the created database will be accessed from, say, a forum (like punBB) or cms. Thanks anyway.

#4 2005-10-10 06:14:57

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

My understanding is: the db file is created where you specify it.
sqlite3 test.db
the above creates teh test.db file in the current directory, if it does not already exist.

I would assume that permissions are based on whether or not the file is read/write, much like the *dbm database systems.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer