You are not logged in.

#1326 2012-11-05 14:09:41

woomia
Member
Registered: 2012-06-09
Posts: 106

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I'm not using pekmop's repo.

If you look under dependencies for gnome-session-ubuntu it states it needs ConsoleKit. I just tried to build it and again gnome-session-ubuntu needs ConsoleKit.

I'll try your packages.

Offline

#1327 2012-11-05 14:40:01

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

woomia wrote:

I'm not using pekmop's repo.

If you look under dependencies for gnome-session-ubuntu it states it needs ConsoleKit. I just tried to build it and again gnome-session-ubuntu needs ConsoleKit.

I'll try your packages.

Have you updated your local git repo?
https://github.com/chenxiaolong/Unity-f … u/PKGBUILD
The ConsoleKit is not in dependency.

Offline

#1328 2012-11-05 20:35:36

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Stupid Question but are these issues fixed yet?
- New windows positioned on 0,0
- Some windows still have their own titlebar when maximized (gnome-terminal for instance)


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1329 2012-11-05 20:58:40

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

franzor wrote:

Stupid Question but are these issues fixed yet?
- New windows positioned on 0,0
- Some windows still have their own titlebar when maximized (gnome-terminal for instance)

Yes, with metacity-ubuntu. However, the indicator-messages doesn't work properly.

It seems chenxiaolong hasn't merged my pull request. You can use my fork temporarily https://github.com/qiuwei/Unity-for-Arch/.
Or use those packages I provided in dropbox. They are all compiled in clean chroot environment:)

Offline

#1330 2012-11-06 03:31:08

pekmop1024
Member
From: Kiev/Feodosia
Registered: 2010-04-21
Posts: 125
Website

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei, repo isn't outdated (I have rebuilt it yesterday), but as for me, G3.6+Unity is still buggy - 0,0 positioned windows and sticky titlebars... sad


ArchLinux x86_64 (desktop): i7 970@4.3GHz - 24GB - GTX680 DirectCU II TOP - Crucial M4 128GB - 3x2TB Seagate - Creative X-Fi Platinum - Zalman ZM1000HP
ArchLinux i686 PAE (passive cooled): i3 540 - 4GB - GT610 Silent - Crucial M4 64GB - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
ArchLinux i686 (HTPC): Core 2 Duo E6400 - 2GB - GT520 Silent - 80GB Seagate

Offline

#1331 2012-11-06 07:53:56

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:
franzor wrote:

Stupid Question but are these issues fixed yet?
- New windows positioned on 0,0
- Some windows still have their own titlebar when maximized (gnome-terminal for instance)

Yes, with metacity-ubuntu. However, the indicator-messages doesn't work properly.

It seems chenxiaolong hasn't merged my pull request. You can use my fork temporarily https://github.com/qiuwei/Unity-for-Arch/.
Or use those packages I provided in dropbox. They are all compiled in clean chroot environment:)

I just merged the pull request smile I haven't had a chance to build metacity-ubuntu yet, but the PKGBUILD looks like it should fine.


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1332 2012-11-06 09:40:27

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

pekmop1024 wrote:

qiuwei, repo isn't outdated (I have rebuilt it yesterday), but as for me, G3.6+Unity is still buggy - 0,0 positioned windows and sticky titlebars... sad

Hi, you need to also rebuild metacity-ubuntu.
The only bug here is that the indicator-messages doesn't work.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5590 … ssages.png

Offline

#1333 2012-11-06 09:57:10

quiro91
Member
Registered: 2012-06-13
Posts: 29

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I've got this error while compiling unity:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libibus-1.0.so.0, needed by /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_bus_get_config"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_bus_create_input_context"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_config_get_value"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_focus_in"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_set_cursor_location"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_set_capabilities"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_reset"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_focus_out"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_init"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_bus_new"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_process_key_event_async"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_bus_is_connected"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_input_context_process_key_event_async_finish"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_proxy_destroy"
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.2/../../../../lib/libnux-3.0.so: riferimento non definito a "ibus_attr_list_get"
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [panel/panel] Errore 1
make[1]: *** [panel/CMakeFiles/panel.dir/all] Errore 2
make: *** [all] Errore 2
==> ERRORE: Si è verificato un errore in build().
    L'operazione sta per essere interrotta...

EDIT: now it works, I should've updated nux

Last edited by quiro91 (2012-11-06 22:45:32)

Offline

#1334 2012-11-06 12:44:35

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

quiro91 wrote:

I've got this error while compiling unity


Have you installed ibus? I heard that ibus is integrated into gnome so maybe you need to install it even you would never use it.

Offline

#1335 2012-11-06 13:33:03

quiro91
Member
Registered: 2012-06-13
Posts: 29

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

yes I have

qiuwei wrote:
quiro91 wrote:

I've got this error while compiling unity


Have you installed ibus? I heard that ibus is integrated into gnome so maybe you need to install it even you would never use it.

Offline

#1336 2012-11-06 15:03:06

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:
pekmop1024 wrote:

qiuwei, repo isn't outdated (I have rebuilt it yesterday), but as for me, G3.6+Unity is still buggy - 0,0 positioned windows and sticky titlebars... sad

Hi, you need to also rebuild metacity-ubuntu.
The only bug here is that the indicator-messages doesn't work.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5590 … ssages.png

I recompiled metacity-ubuntu (removed normal metacity obviously), compiz-ubuntu and unity and i still have the 0,0 and sticky titlebar issue...


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1337 2012-11-06 15:29:41

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

franzor wrote:
qiuwei wrote:
pekmop1024 wrote:

qiuwei, repo isn't outdated (I have rebuilt it yesterday), but as for me, G3.6+Unity is still buggy - 0,0 positioned windows and sticky titlebars... sad

Hi, you need to also rebuild metacity-ubuntu.
The only bug here is that the indicator-messages doesn't work.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5590 … ssages.png

I recompiled metacity-ubuntu (removed normal metacity obviously), compiz-ubuntu and unity and i still have the 0,0 and sticky titlebar issue...

Maybe you need to recompile all the packages in a clean environment since it's a major update.
I also met some strange problems when I tried to update all of packages on my current system.

Offline

#1338 2012-11-06 15:53:46

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:
franzor wrote:
qiuwei wrote:

Hi, you need to also rebuild metacity-ubuntu.
The only bug here is that the indicator-messages doesn't work.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5590 … ssages.png

I recompiled metacity-ubuntu (removed normal metacity obviously), compiz-ubuntu and unity and i still have the 0,0 and sticky titlebar issue...

Maybe you need to recompile all the packages in a clean environment since it's a major update.
I also met some strange problems when I tried to update all of packages on my current system.

I'm gonna try that and report back to you!


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1339 2012-11-06 16:02:38

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I'm gonna try that and report back to you!

If you are using X86_64 system, you can use my packages to test.

Offline

#1340 2012-11-06 17:47:51

jnbek
Member
From: Wasatch Front, USA
Registered: 2012-08-22
Posts: 20

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Obligatory and compulsory flame post...
Why anyone would want to use Unity....
big_smile

Ahem, flame failure when you have to go back and edit your grammar >_<

Last edited by jnbek (2012-11-06 17:51:22)


If you can not able use Perl for answer, you are ask wrong question.

Offline

#1341 2012-11-06 18:04:20

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

jnbek wrote:

Obligatory and compulsory flame post...
Why anyone would want to use Unity....
big_smile

Ahem, flame failure when you have to go back and edit your grammar >_<

Isn't it the best DE on linux now? At least in my opinion it is:)
I've been using KDE for almost 5 years, it's ok.
Gnome 3, it's awful for me. So many bad and inconsistent designs. You can easily find hundreds of blog posts about this.
Other DEs like xfce or openbox, they are not powerful and convenient enough for me.
E17, awsome, they are awsome but just not my cup of tea.

Offline

#1342 2012-11-06 19:19:53

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

franzor wrote:
qiuwei wrote:
franzor wrote:

I recompiled metacity-ubuntu (removed normal metacity obviously), compiz-ubuntu and unity and i still have the 0,0 and sticky titlebar issue...

Maybe you need to recompile all the packages in a clean environment since it's a major update.
I also met some strange problems when I tried to update all of packages on my current system.

I'm gonna try that and report back to you!

Well i recompiled everthing and it changed absolutely nothing...


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1343 2012-11-06 19:37:25

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Well i recompiled everthing and it changed absolutely nothing...

Sorry to hear that. Strange. It works pretty well here.

Offline

#1344 2012-11-06 21:44:02

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I've updated all the packages on my other computer and now I'm running into the (0,0) px placement bug. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

For anyone who's having the issue, does resetting the Compiz dconf settings help?

dconf reset -f /org/compiz

Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1345 2012-11-06 21:54:01

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:

I've updated all the packages on my other computer and now I'm running into the (0,0) px placement bug. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

For anyone who's having the issue, does resetting the Compiz dconf settings help?

dconf reset -f /org/compiz

no I'm afraid it hasnt


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1346 2012-11-06 23:59:42

oi_wtf
Member
From: /home/wtf
Registered: 2012-03-11
Posts: 190

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I did a full rebuild today, too.
Confirming (0,0) bug and some weird rendering issues.
Rebuilding nux, compiz and unity right now to make sure nothing went wrong while building those.

EDIT: still same, (0,0) and render issues

Last edited by oi_wtf (2012-11-07 09:30:38)


Laptop:   Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GT 650M 2 GiB
Desktop: Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-4771  @ 3.50GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GiB

Offline

#1347 2012-11-07 12:47:49

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

oi_wtf wrote:

I did a full rebuild today, too.
Confirming (0,0) bug and some weird rendering issues.
Rebuilding nux, compiz and unity right now to make sure nothing went wrong while building those.

EDIT: still same, (0,0) and render issues

I discovered two new issues:
When I'm in Gnome Control-center and want to open "Keyboard Layout" the Gnome control center just crashes (i use the gnome-control-center-ubuntu package)

And secondly: When i open a window maximized some windows (like nautilus, thunderbird, firefox) the sticky titlebar issue isnt there but when i "unmaximize" them they have no titlebar at all. and when i maximize them again the sticky titlebar issue is there.

Do you have these issues to oi_wtf? Just ot check if we have the exact same problem.


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1348 2012-11-07 18:09:00

oi_wtf
Member
From: /home/wtf
Registered: 2012-03-11
Posts: 190

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

no, but I'm using emerald instead of gtk-decorator...
maximized nautilus is always looking like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3hvjqa2qbbxk … A4che1.png
but unity's bar at the top isn't rendered correctly...

I can confirm the gnome-control-center crash, though.

(gdb) r
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff77dea87 in gtk_widget_size_allocate () from /usr/lib/libgtk-3.so.0

Last edited by oi_wtf (2012-11-07 19:21:43)


Laptop:   Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GT 650M 2 GiB
Desktop: Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-4771  @ 3.50GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GiB

Offline

#1349 2012-11-07 19:53:16

franzor
Member
Registered: 2012-01-23
Posts: 46

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Why does a thing i like so much cause me so much anger ^^


Desktop PC: AMD Phenom XII 965-Black 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GTX-560ti Corsair Force GT/Crucial M4 Arch-Linux/Windows 7
Gaming Laptop: Intel-I7 2630QM 8GB-Ram Ge-Force GT-540m Ubuntu 12.04
Work Laptop: Intel-I3 2350 8GB-Ram Intel HD-Graphics Arch-Linux

Offline

#1350 2012-11-07 20:27:41

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

franzor wrote:

Why does a thing i like so much cause me so much anger ^^

Maybe you should switch to ubuntu now... it's going to be even more painful for the next release:)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB