You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-16 09:51:38

CyberTron
Website

fstab,samba and ntfs trouble!!

Hi!

I have setup samba, everything is working..but!

I use gnome-2.12 for the moment, with hal/dbus and I have been trying to figure out WHY the h*ll gnome can mount the smbfs harddrive, but not unmount it when finished...this ends up with I having like twenty different "mount /mnt/samba " pids if I do a ps -ef

then I have to umount every single one of them by hand and as root!

So , i figured, hey, I must make umount accessible by my user, and I did, it workes because I can umount my ordinary harddrive as a user, but not the sambashare...

SO I read some more with google, and found that this is a bug in umount, so my question is:

Can I use smbumount with the sambashares instead ?? (because that one work)...the trouble is that I can't seem to find any option in GNOME to set which command to use when mounting/unmounting smbfs

or, even better perhaps, is there other ways to get shared files from a Windows machine than using Samba?

# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file system>        <dir>         <type>    <options>          <dump> <pass>
none                   /dev/pts      devpts    defaults            0      0
none                   /dev/shm      tmpfs     defaults            0      0

/dev/cdrom             /mnt/cd   auto   ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0

/dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/hda2 / reiserfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/blandad ntfs rw,uid=1000,gid=100,owner,noauto,exec,umask=0000,nls=iso8859-1 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home/spel reiserfs users,auto 0 0
//server/film   /mnt/film   smbfs  noauto,users,gid=users,nls=iso8859-1,noatime,exec,username=guest,password,workgroup=HEM 0 0
//server/music  /mnt/musik  smbfs  noauto,users,gid=users,iocharset=iso8859-1,noatime,exec,username=guest,password,workgroup=HEM 0 0
//server/backup /mnt/backup smbfs noauto,users,gid=users,iocharset=iso8859-1,noatime,exec,username=guest,password,workgroup=HEM 0 0

http://www.linuxportalen.com  -> Linux Help portal for Linux and ArchLinux (in swedish)

Dell Inspiron 8500
Kernel 2.6.14-archck1  (selfcompiled)
Enlightenment 17

#2 2005-10-16 20:56:36

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: fstab,samba and ntfs trouble!!

CyberTron wrote:

is there other ways to get shared files from a Windows machine than using Samba?

If you install M$ SFU on the Windoze box, you can use NFS to connect to it.

Board footer