You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-01 19:03:58

stonebit

fglrx module not loading / not found

Edit:

I noticed that when running depmod, i got an error about fglrx existing and bla bla bla error.
So, i ran rm /lib/modules/{kernel}/extramodules/fglrx* .
Then reinstall catalyst-dkms & catalyst-utils.
Then depmod. Then reboot.

============================================================================================================================
When i lsmod | grep fglrx, nothing is listed.
modprobe fglrx returns Module fglrx not found.

I have installed catalyst drivers according to the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fglrx .

# pacman -S catalyst-dkms catalyst-utils
# pacman -S lib32-catalyst-utils
# aticonfig --initial

I'm using systemd, so:
-Disable the radeon module from auto-loading. If it occurs in any file under /etc/modules-load.d/, remove the file (or, if the file contains multiple modules, just remove the radeon one).
-Either add fglrx on a new line of an existing module file located under /etc/modules-load.d/, or create a new file and add fglrx.
(radeon is blacklisted; i have a file called /etc/modules-load.d/fglrx with one line: fglrx )

And grub2:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nomodeset"
# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Last edited by stonebit (2012-11-07 17:52:28)

#2 2012-11-01 19:25:28

alphaniner

Re: fglrx module not loading / not found

I don't see the module in either catalyst package.  Was one automatically built when you installed the packages?

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2012-11-01 19:49:25

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

stonebit, please mark this thread [SOLVED] if you really fixed it.

BTW it is bad practice to alter a post only to tell that the problem at hand has been fixed. A final post in the thread would have been more suitable. So everyone knows on first sight what you did.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#4 2012-11-07 17:51:27

stonebit

Sorry about that. Turns out this is not really solved. I got a new kernel and it broke again.
I'm having to remove the old module fglrx.ko and reinstall catalyst-dkms & catalyst-utils (to rebuild the modules for the new kernel) for this to work.

Board footer