You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-05 00:52:16

nobody44

mkarchiso configuration

Hello,
I have created my own Arch Linux Live Image with Xfce4 and Compiz using mkarchiso. I would like to configure it (background image etc.), but I don't know how to do this kind of stuff. I know how to configure system settings (enable systemd services, add user, install packages and so on), but how do I configure compiz without a graphical interface?
So: I have a live image with the user "arch". The live image starts the loginmanager slim, logs in the user "arch" and finally the X server with Compiz starts. But the Xfce4 DE starts empty (with this default dialog, where you can add either the default panel or start from scratch). I would like to configure the desktop, like mouse theme, appearence, emerald theme, font etc..

But how could I do this?

I did this in a very weird way. I booted the image in Virtualbox, configured it properly, copied the home directory of the user "arch" back to the root directory of the image and built a new image.

Help is appreciated.

nobody44

#2 2012-12-05 02:48:25

anonymous_user

Re: mkarchiso configuration

Use a Live system to change the settings you want, then copy the relevant settings files as noted in the wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … s_to_image

#3 2012-12-05 04:30:10

nobody44

Thanks for the answer. I know how to add files to the image. I want to configure compiz and xfce4 and I do not know, where these programs keep their configuration files (probably ~/.config) and which format etc. I would like to use the GUI to configure them.

#4 2012-12-05 06:04:58

anonymous_user

Well for xfce, I would try ~/.config/xfce4 and for compiz, check ~/.gconf/apps/

I would just start googling for where apps save their settings.

Board footer