You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-09 05:25:34

Mactownes
Website

Network card driver issues

So, here's the short of it

I have a Netgear WG111v2, and the chipset is a realtek rtl8187. However, due to a really long list of things, the network adapter ended up broken. I got a replacement one, it's the exact same model, a wg111v2. It runs on the same driver, as far as I know it has the same exact chipset, and it is identical to the old one. However, this one does not work. For some reason it will work sporatically if I plug it in after not having used it for months at a time... the first time I plugged the adapter into my PC (when I had just opened the package), it worked perfectly. However, after I restarted my computer it stopped working. It did not work at all, no matter what I tried, until the other day when I stuck it in and rebooted. As soon as the computer started up, it was working fine. However, there was a power outage and my router lost power. Once it was back on, my network adapter was no longer working and has still not worked since.

So, my question is this: Is there some hidden factor here? What would cause two identical wireless adapters to act differently? If they are exactly the same, why does one not work?

Last edited by Mactownes (2012-12-09 05:58:16)

Board footer