You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-15 10:44:12

vatin

NetworkManager : stuck at "waiting for authorization"

Hi!

Installed Arch on my Thinkpad Edge E125 and now having a little problem with NetworkManager in KDE.

I'm certain I've installed pretty much everything needed to make wireless connection possible, the command

iwlist wlan0 scan

is able to produce a list of wireless routers.

But trying to connect to my home wireless router always stuck at "waiting for authorization" and eventually failed.

I have WEP encryption and double check it to be correct. Wireless worked in other distros.

Any suggestion you might have?  Thank you.

#2 2012-09-18 11:54:02

Ecky

Re: NetworkManager : stuck at "waiting for authorization"

Did you go into Manage Connections in kde networkmanager and enter your wep key in the Wireless Security tab for your connection?

kwallet should pop up when you do that asking for a password, the kwallet password can be anything you like, kde's networkmanager doesn't save the key, kwallet does and without using kwallet I don't think knetworkmanager works properly for wi-fi

Mainboard:  Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H  -  Processor:  Amd Phenom X6 1090T  -  Memory:  8GB (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3  -  Graphics:   XFX Ati Radeon HD 6870

#3 2012-09-19 11:23:15

vatin

Ecky wrote:

Did you go into Manage Connections in kde networkmanager and enter your wep key in the Wireless Security tab for your connection?

Yes I did. Tried entering dozens of time actually.  Thank you anyway.
Now moved to Opensuse and now despite having the correct modules being loaded, my network interface is invisible to the OS!!!
Might return to Ubuntu, where everything just works or cave in to Windows 7 if my patience run out.
For months struggling with one form or another problems with Linux, I just miss more and more of the days where I could could simply get stuff done.
Sad but true.

#4 2012-12-25 11:05:27

Kabi

Just for anyone else finding this post:

I had the same problem which was caused by forgetting to disable the following service after switching to networkmanager:

systemctl disable net-auto-wireless.service

I had enabled it when following  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … e#Wireless

Last edited by Kabi (2012-12-25 11:05:56)

Board footer