You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-22 00:55:58

Labello
Website

lirc + xbox-IR-dongle

hi everyone,

after finding the following "guide" within this forum I was trying to adapt it to my recent installation together with xbmc.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=122502

the patch seems to still be working, but after "./autogen.sh" and "./configure" there is no "./configure.sh" executed. after this fancy blue text-gui has disappeared nothing happens.

I can remember that my Ubuntu-Installation actually did some configuring so that afterwards I could invoke "make" and so on.

After several hours of fiddeling around I am really tired and need some sleep. But I would be happy if anyone could help me out. I even already patched and installed "lirc" with abs. to unfortunately no success sad

greeting and thanks in advance!

"They say just hold onto your hope but you know if you swallow your pride you will choke"
Alexisonfire - Midnight Regulations

#2 2013-02-22 15:33:38

Labello
Website

Re: lirc + xbox-IR-dongle

upon further investigation I discovered, that lirc somehow does not seem to be using the aformentioned kernel module "lirc_xbox" because I can remove it via "modprobe -r lirc_xbox" which was not possible when the remote was actually working.

By working I mean that "irw" does produce some output.

I hope someone is able and willing to help sad My media-server is not the same without my remote-dongle sad

"They say just hold onto your hope but you know if you swallow your pride you will choke"
Alexisonfire - Midnight Regulations

Board footer