You are not logged in.

#1726 2013-03-18 20:47:46

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

oi_wtf wrote:

I've updated to 1.14 today, and revealing the launcher does not work, so I think it's incompatible.
I didn't rebuild unity though.

Well, crap. There's no way I can maintain an earlier version of Xorg along with all the drivers. I'll go ask on the Unity mailing list and see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks for the info anyway smile

EDIT: I wish the Arch devs would recompile/patch *everything* with versioned dependencies when package is updated. Now I'm stuck trying to run Unity with llvmpipe + vesa in VirtualBox...I've never seen anything so slow... sad

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-03-18 20:56:52)


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1727 2013-03-18 21:00:53

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I checked their mailing list. It seems they have a plan to make unity work with xorg-server 1.14. But it still depends on the amount of work required.


https://lists.launchpad.net/canonical-x/msg00045.html

Edit: they are still working on it. Most probably the fix for 1.14 will not be included in 13.04.

Last edited by qiuwei (2013-03-18 21:06:08)

Offline

#1728 2013-03-18 21:26:03

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:

I checked their mailing list. It seems they have a plan to make unity work with xorg-server 1.14. But it still depends on the amount of work required.


https://lists.launchpad.net/canonical-x/msg00045.html

Edit: they are still working on it. Most probably the fix for 1.14 will not be included in 13.04.

Yeah, we'll probably have to wait for 13.10, since 13.04 won't include Xorg 1.14. Well, this really sucks. I guess we'll have to live with a nonworking autohide.


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1729 2013-03-18 21:28:11

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:
qiuwei wrote:

I checked their mailing list. It seems they have a plan to make unity work with xorg-server 1.14. But it still depends on the amount of work required.


https://lists.launchpad.net/canonical-x/msg00045.html

Edit: they are still working on it. Most probably the fix for 1.14 will not be included in 13.04.

Yeah, we'll probably have to wait for 13.10, since 13.04 won't include Xorg 1.14. Well, this really sucks. I guess we'll have to live with a nonworking autohide.

But they are working on it already. I'm not sure whether this branch is the fix or not. Could you check it?

https://code.launchpad.net/~brandontsch … i-1.6.99.1

Last edited by qiuwei (2013-03-18 21:28:22)

Offline

#1730 2013-03-18 21:54:06

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:
qiuwei wrote:

I checked their mailing list. It seems they have a plan to make unity work with xorg-server 1.14. But it still depends on the amount of work required.


https://lists.launchpad.net/canonical-x/msg00045.html

Edit: they are still working on it. Most probably the fix for 1.14 will not be included in 13.04.

Yeah, we'll probably have to wait for 13.10, since 13.04 won't include Xorg 1.14. Well, this really sucks. I guess we'll have to live with a nonworking autohide.

But they are working on it already. I'm not sure whether this branch is the fix or not. Could you check it?

https://code.launchpad.net/~brandontsch … i-1.6.99.1

Thanks! I'll try that right now

EDIT: https://github.com/chenxiaolong/Unity-f … 494430f200 big_smile

EDIT2: http://cxl.epac.to:8091/job/UFA-2.0-Bui … 19/console

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-03-18 22:26:09)


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1731 2013-03-18 22:58:39

oi_wtf
Member
From: /home/wtf
Registered: 2012-03-11
Posts: 190

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

nice job, works fine with just rebuilding and restarting unity... didn't even have to restart X big_smile
I needed to lower the reveal pressure to a lower value than with the previous version for it to work correctly. The scale seems to be different...


Laptop:   Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GT 650M 2 GiB
Desktop: Arch Linux (x86_64) and Win8.1 (x86_64);  Intel Core i7-4771  @ 3.50GHz, 8 GiB RAM, NViDiA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GiB

Offline

#1732 2013-03-18 23:47:09

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Lesson learned: never delete a Jenkins job when the job directory is mounted in a temporary build chroot. Almost lost my entire /var partition on the build server hmm

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-03-18 23:49:38)


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1733 2013-03-19 00:01:58

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

oi_wtf wrote:

nice job, works fine with just rebuilding and restarting unity... didn't even have to restart X big_smile
I needed to lower the reveal pressure to a lower value than with the previous version for it to work correctly. The scale seems to be different...

Awesome! Good to know smile I'm still waiting for mine to be built tongue


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1734 2013-03-19 00:08:33

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:

Lesson learned: never delete a Jenkins job when the job directory is mounted in a temporary build chroot. Almost lost my entire /var partition on the build server hmm

I was wondering why the build failed at clean up stage.

Great to see that now vanilla xorg-server can be used:)

Offline

#1735 2013-03-19 09:28:43

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

I notice that CopyQ and everpad can not show their indicators after the recent update.
Can anyone confirm this?

Edit:
@chenxiaolong, sni-qt in your test repo is not pumped up to rel 103. Recompling sni-qt solved it.
The problem with everpad remains.

Last edited by qiuwei (2013-03-19 09:45:26)

Offline

#1736 2013-03-19 17:21:42

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:

Edit:
@chenxiaolong, sni-qt in your test repo is not pumped up to rel 103. Recompling sni-qt solved it.
The problem with everpad remains.

Oh yeah, I forgot to rebuild this when I merged the qt4 branch.

Building now: http://vm-ufabuilder.home.lan:8090/job/ … 11/console

I'll take a look at everpad.

EDIT: Just tried it. Everpad's indicator shows up just fine on my computer. I started everpad from the terminal.

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-03-19 18:13:49)


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1737 2013-03-19 18:15:40

aabmass
Member
Registered: 2011-12-14
Posts: 32

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

aabmass wrote:
sollidsnake wrote:

I'm having trouble with the active blur. The compiz compositing works fine and fast, but when I open dash or alt tab without disabling the active blur in dconf it gets really slow.
I tested this in ubuntu 12.10 and I don't have this problem. Could this be related to video drivers? How can I diagnose the cause?

I've got the same problem with dash and alt+tab being really slow. I haven't tested disabling active blur or checked the logs, will do later.

Okay, I have the same results as sollidsnake. Here is the output of "cat ~/.xsession-errors | grep compiz":

compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/aaron/.compiz/session/10d340298169c0c40a136371594011701400000307560039"
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: text
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: text
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: firepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: firepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wobbly
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wobbly
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scaleaddon
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scaleaddon
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unityshell
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell

There is also a lot of this kind of thing, probably not applicable:

(compiz:30833): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_remove_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

When I changed (CCSM)  Ubuntu Unity Plugin->Dash Blur from Active Blur to No Blur, all of the lag went away, but when I changed it to Static Blur the dash worked fine but Alt+Tab was only a little faster.

Thanks for your work, chenxiaolong!

Offline

#1738 2013-03-19 18:21:44

sollidsnake
Member
Registered: 2012-01-30
Posts: 100

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

aabmass wrote:
aabmass wrote:
sollidsnake wrote:

I'm having trouble with the active blur. The compiz compositing works fine and fast, but when I open dash or alt tab without disabling the active blur in dconf it gets really slow.
I tested this in ubuntu 12.10 and I don't have this problem. Could this be related to video drivers? How can I diagnose the cause?

I've got the same problem with dash and alt+tab being really slow. I haven't tested disabling active blur or checked the logs, will do later.

Okay, I have the same results as sollidsnake. Here is the output of "cat ~/.xsession-errors | grep compiz":

compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ccp
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: copytex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: decor
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: imgpng
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: gnomecompat
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: compiztoolbox
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: mousepoll
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: vpswitch
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: resize
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: place
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wall
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: regex
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: session
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: session
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/aaron/.compiz/session/10d340298169c0c40a136371594011701400000307560039"
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unitymtgrabhandles
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: text
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: text
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: firepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: firepaint
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: grid
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: move
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: animation
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: wobbly
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: wobbly
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: expo
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: workarounds
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: fade
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scale
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: ezoom
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: scaleaddon
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: scaleaddon
compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: unityshell
compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: unityshell

There is also a lot of this kind of thing, probably not applicable:

(compiz:30833): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_remove_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

When I changed (CCSM)  Ubuntu Unity Plugin->Dash Blur from Active Blur to No Blur, all of the lag went away, but when I changed it to Static Blur the dash worked fine but Alt+Tab was only a little faster.

Thanks for your work, chenxiaolong!

Nice to know it worked. If you find out why the dash is slow with the active/static blur, please share with us. smile


"For with the passing of this hour
Even gods will be devoured"

Offline

#1739 2013-03-19 20:56:37

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to rebuild this when I merged the qt4 branch.

Building now: http://vm-ufabuilder.home.lan:8090/job/ … 11/console

I'll take a look at everpad.

EDIT: Just tried it. Everpad's indicator shows up just fine on my computer. I started everpad from the terminal.

Yes, I guess it's also due to sni-qt. After a reboot, everything works. Thanks!

BTW,  I notice a new behavior of bluetooth indicator. It shows up perfectly, but it disappears if I disable it.  Is it a new feature?

Offline

#1740 2013-03-20 04:02:20

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:
chenxiaolong wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to rebuild this when I merged the qt4 branch.

Building now: http://vm-ufabuilder.home.lan:8090/job/ … 11/console

I'll take a look at everpad.

EDIT: Just tried it. Everpad's indicator shows up just fine on my computer. I started everpad from the terminal.

Yes, I guess it's also due to sni-qt. After a reboot, everything works. Thanks!

BTW,  I notice a new behavior of bluetooth indicator. It shows up perfectly, but it disappears if I disable it.  Is it a new feature?

It does the same thing in Ubuntu 13.04, so I guess so smile


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1741 2013-03-20 14:57:44

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

@chenxiaolong,

Is it possible to put ibus-ubuntu in Unity-for-Arch-Extra?
I've tested it with ibus 1.4.2, it still works and integrates better with Unity.

The thing I like version 1.4.* is that it provides "separate layout per window" feature.

Offline

#1742 2013-03-20 19:15:26

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

qiuwei wrote:

@chenxiaolong,

Is it possible to put ibus-ubuntu in Unity-for-Arch-Extra?
I've tested it with ibus 1.4.2, it still works and integrates better with Unity.

The thing I like version 1.4.* is that it provides "separate layout per window" feature.

Do you know if version 1.4 works with repo versions of gnome-control-center-ubuntu and gnome-settings-daemon-ubuntu? Those are compiled for ibus 1.5, so if 1.4 still works, I'll definitely add ibus-ubuntu into Unity-for-Arch-Extra.


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1743 2013-03-20 21:22:20

qiuwei
Member
Registered: 2009-12-18
Posts: 245

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

chenxiaolong wrote:

Do you know if version 1.4 works with repo versions of gnome-control-center-ubuntu and gnome-settings-daemon-ubuntu? Those are compiled for ibus 1.5, so if 1.4 still works, I'll definitely add ibus-ubuntu into Unity-for-Arch-Extra.

Unfortunately no. I though it works because I forgot to restart the session.

Offline

#1744 2013-03-21 16:35:44

steeeve
Member
Registered: 2013-03-03
Posts: 8

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Hey guys

I can't build indicator-session and unity

Here's the output:

indicator-session:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
  CXX      test_service-test-service.o
  CXXLD    test-service
/usr/bin/ld: libgtest.a(gtest-all.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_key_delete@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_key_delete@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [test-service] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08'
make: *** [all] Error 2

unity:

Scanning dependencies of target launcher-lib
[ 43%] Building CXX object launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/EdgeBarrierController.cpp.o
In file included from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/PointerBarrier.h:26:0,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.h:23,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.cpp:21:
/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:173:22: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef unsigned int BarrierEventID’
In file included from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/PointerBarrier.h:25:0,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.h:23,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.cpp:21:
/usr/include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h:274:17: error: ‘BarrierEventID’ has a previous declaration as ‘typedef int32_t BarrierEventID’
make[2]: *** [launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/EdgeBarrierController.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea how i can fix that??

Offline

#1745 2013-03-21 16:43:05

Kopkins
Member
Registered: 2012-07-01
Posts: 189

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

So I've got the git files, but I'm not sure which script to use to install them, I see two in Unity-for-Arch. There is build-and-install.py and build-in-chroot.py. What's the difference?

Offline

#1746 2013-03-21 18:16:11

sollidsnake
Member
Registered: 2012-01-30
Posts: 100

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Kopkins wrote:

So I've got the git files, but I'm not sure which script to use to install them, I see two in Unity-for-Arch. There is build-and-install.py and build-in-chroot.py. What's the difference?

I didn't use those scripts to install unity, but judging by the name of the files I guess the difference is that build-in-chroot.py will install in a chrooted directory, which is like an parallel linux installation inside your already installed arch system. While the build-and-install.py would install the packages integrally on your system. The chroot directory is generally used to make "dangerous" tests without having the risk of compromising your integral system. If you don't know what is a chroot directory, you probably want to go for the build-and-install.py

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I'm not much familiarized with chroot

Last edited by sollidsnake (2013-03-21 18:23:30)


"For with the passing of this hour
Even gods will be devoured"

Offline

#1747 2013-03-21 18:17:28

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

steeeve wrote:

Hey guys

I can't build indicator-session and unity

Here's the output:

indicator-session:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
  CXX      test_service-test-service.o
  CXXLD    test-service
/usr/bin/ld: libgtest.a(gtest-all.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_key_delete@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_key_delete@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [test-service] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08/tests'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/indicator-session/src/indicator-session-12.10.5daily13.03.08'
make: *** [all] Error 2

unity:

Scanning dependencies of target launcher-lib
[ 43%] Building CXX object launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/EdgeBarrierController.cpp.o
In file included from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/PointerBarrier.h:26:0,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.h:23,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.cpp:21:
/usr/include/X11/extensions/XInput2.h:173:22: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef unsigned int BarrierEventID’
In file included from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/PointerBarrier.h:25:0,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.h:23,
                 from /home/stefan/unity/Unity-for-Arch/unity/src/unity-6.12.0daily13.03.01/launcher/EdgeBarrierController.cpp:21:
/usr/include/X11/extensions/Xfixes.h:274:17: error: ‘BarrierEventID’ has a previous declaration as ‘typedef int32_t BarrierEventID’
make[2]: *** [launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/EdgeBarrierController.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [launcher/CMakeFiles/launcher-lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea how i can fix that??

Could you delete the src/ and pkg/ directories and try building again? Also, make sure that you have the latest updates. Unity requires libxi 1.7 to build.


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1748 2013-03-21 18:19:34

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

sollidsnake wrote:
Kopkins wrote:

So I've got the git files, but I'm not sure which script to use to install them, I see two in Unity-for-Arch. There is build-and-install.py and build-in-chroot.py. What's the difference?

I didn't use them those scripts to install unity, but judging by the name of the files I guess the difference is that build-in-chroot.py will install in a chrooted directory, which is like an parallel linux installation inside your already installed arch system. While the build-and-install.py would install the packages integrally on your system. The chroot directory used to make "dangerous" tests without having the risk of compromising your integral system. If you don't know what is a chroot directory, you probably want to go for the build-and-install.py

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I'm not much familiarized with chroot

Right, build-in-chroot.sh is only needed to create perfectly clean packages for a repo or for dangerous tests (as you said). Just use build-and-install.sh for normal builds smile


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

#1749 2013-03-21 19:23:22

Kopkins
Member
Registered: 2012-07-01
Posts: 189

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Okay thanks, is there a way to start unity without using lightdm? Can I use slim?

Offline

#1750 2013-03-21 20:03:02

chenxiaolong
Member
From: /home/chenxiaolong
Registered: 2010-11-03
Posts: 779

Re: Progress on Unity under Arch Linux!

Kopkins wrote:

Okay thanks, is there a way to start unity without using lightdm? Can I use slim?

You can use any display manager that reads the sessions from /usr/share/xsessions/ (like lightdm, gdm, kdm, xdm, sddm). So yeah, I'm guessing slim will work smile

Last edited by chenxiaolong (2013-03-21 20:03:20)


Current system: Lenovo W520
Unity-for-Arch repos' build statuses and old packages: https://jenkins.noobdev.io/

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB