You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-27 04:49:37

kevdog
Member
Registered: 2013-01-26
Posts: 107

Best way to automount sshfs at startup if scripts needs to be run firs

I'd love to be able to mount by sshfs share at startup -- however the ssh share isn't available since it sits behind a machine protected with a port knocker utility.  I need to run a script to unlock the port prior to automounting the ssh share.  Any general guidelines how to do this?  I know how I would compose this script (that isn't the hard part) -- its just linking this script to run at startup.  I'm not sure they best place to put this script nor the place it should be inserted to run during the boot process.

Offline

#2 2013-03-27 05:33:25

WonderWoofy
Member
From: Los Gatos, CA
Registered: 2012-05-19
Posts: 8,414

Re: Best way to automount sshfs at startup if scripts needs to be run firs

Maybe you could make the knocker a systemd service, and then create a mount unit for sshfs.  That way it would be pretty easy to apply dependencies to them so that they run in the right order, one after another.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB