You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-23 14:05:27

savantfou

php5/mysql

Hello
Since 2 days,
i've got this error:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I've got this file libmysqlclient.so.15  instead libmysqlclient.so.14

Thanks for help

#2 2005-11-23 17:26:13

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: php5/mysql

umm... Do a diff from your php.ini, and the php.ini.pacsave, or whatever it is called.
chances are, a recent php update changed the dynamic module directory.. /usr/lib/php/extensions/blah/blah or something.

I compile php myself these days, as I dont really like how the devs have been packaging it..
/me shrugs
same for lighttpd.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-11-23 17:30:38

budgenator

Re: php5/mysql

savantfou wrote:

Hello
Since 2 days,
i've got this error:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I've got this file libmysqlclient.so.15  instead libmysqlclient.so.14

Thanks for help

I believe that  libmysqlclient.so.14 goes with MySQL 4.01, my machine isn't giving the error, I'm getting other errors in php/MySQL in regards to broken libPHP, but I don't feel bad the libPHP website is broken, sourceforge is broken at least I can run without authentication. Try downgrading you MySQL to 4.0.1 or upgrading your php.

A while ago I had one program the required  libmysqlclient.so.13 instead of  libmysqlclient.so.14, so I just downloaded the rpm and hand copied it into /usr/local/lib and everything seemed to work; if upgrading your php don't work, you might try hand copying a  libmysqlclient.so.14 to /usr/local/lib and do a lot of testing.

Board footer