You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-29 03:20:41

hamidtb

system failed when try connecting to internet

hi

yesterday i install arch and everything work fine but

when i tried to make bluetooth connection via network manager(bluetooth)(gnome shell) by click on 'Access the internet using your phone(DUN)' checkbox after  Few moments DUN service gone timed out. then i reinstall modemmanager and at last i can create connection via bluetooth(DUN Service) . but when i clicked on connection in connection menu; after few moment system crash and a black screen with a lot Incomprehensible text show and i have to reset computer manually.

anybody can help to me ????

THQ

Last edited by hamidtb (2013-03-29 10:49:59)

#2 2013-03-29 04:27:35

WonderWoofy

Re: system failed when try connecting to internet

This might be one of the more confusing and less than clear questions I have come across here.  I don't use gnome or really any of this software that you use.  But from what I can decipher above, you seem to have two problems.

First, it is not connecting consistently.  In order to fix this, you reinstall the software?  Am I reading that right?

Second, once you do get a connection, you experience a kernel panic?  This is where the kernel has an oops and cannot recover, so it dumps its contents/errors to the screen.  Is this what is happening?

Basically, you need to be more clear about what you are experiencing.  It would seem that English is not your first language, but that should not stop you from at least phrasing your question in a way that says more than "I click this" and "I click that".  Have you checked your logs at all to see if there is anything revealing there?

#3 2013-03-29 10:36:58

hamidtb

WonderWoofy wrote:

This might be one of the more confusing and less than clear questions I have come across here.  I don't use gnome or really any of this software that you use.  But from what I can decipher above, you seem to have two problems.

First, it is not connecting consistently.  In order to fix this, you reinstall the software?  Am I reading that right?

Second, once you do get a connection, you experience a kernel panic?  This is where the kernel has an oops and cannot recover, so it dumps its contents/errors to the screen.  Is this what is happening?

Basically, you need to be more clear about what you are experiencing.  It would seem that English is not your first language, but that should not stop you from at least phrasing your question in a way that says more than "I click this" and "I click that".  Have you checked your logs at all to see if there is anything revealing there?

hi
thank you for answer
you said right and i so sorry for it; i'm from iran and my first language is persian(farsi)
weak document and support for my language Caused to i come there

yes i reinstall modemmanager package and timeout error disappeared
before my system connect to internet a black screen show and system crashed

also i tried to make a connection via below link but i unsuccess because it not compatible with my arch
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bl … GPRS_Howto

is possible if i install another version of linux kernel my problem solved??

where save error log ???

#4 2013-03-29 15:32:45

WonderWoofy

In systemd, pretty much everything is logged to the journal.  So you can use the "journalctl" command.  Though be aware that there are really two journals.  There is one for the logged in user, and one for the system.  If you want access to the system journal without having to use "sudo" or suchlike, you need to put your user in the "systemd-journal" group.

I really have no experience with modemmanager, or really any kind of WAN connection. But I certainly can tell you that the wiki page you linked to seems to be pretty outdated.  Within the first few lines, there are references to the old SysV init system and rc.d.  This has not been in use for quite some time now, and actually as of January, we have been slowly losing the /etc/rc.d stuff altogether in favor of systemd units.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance to you here...

Board footer