You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-12 14:46:59

whaler

[Solved] Yaourt acting up?

Doing an update on AUR with yaourt (-Syu --aur) renders this:

file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/lib/kde4/pateplugin.so'
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/close_tag.py'
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/console/config.ui'                                                                                                      
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/console/console.py'                                                                                                     
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/config.ui'                                                                                                          
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/gid.py'                                                                                                             
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/idutils.py'                                                                                                         
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/tool.ui'                                                                                                            
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/plugins/pate/kate/__init__.py'                                                                                               
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/plugins/pate/kate/gui.py'                                                                                                    
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/kde4/services/pate.desktop'

I.e., the operation ends with these lines, whatever causes it.

Anyone seen something similar?

Last edited by whaler (2013-04-12 22:58:55)

#2 2013-04-12 15:10:58

hadrons123

Re: [Solved] Yaourt acting up?

Does pacman -Syu return the same?

LENOVO Y 580 IVYBRIDGE 660M NVIDIA
Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King

#3 2013-04-12 15:47:47

WorMzy
Forum Moderator

whaler wrote:

Doing an update on AUR with yaourt (-Syu --aur) renders this:

file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/lib/kde4/pateplugin.so'
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/close_tag.py'
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/console/config.ui'                                                                                                      
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/console/console.py'                                                                                                     
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/config.ui'                                                                                                          
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/gid.py'                                                                                                             
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/idutils.py'                                                                                                         
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/pate/gid/tool.ui'                                                                                                            
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/plugins/pate/kate/__init__.py'                                                                                               
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/apps/kate/plugins/pate/kate/gui.py'                                                                                                    
file owned by 'kdesdk-kate' and 'pate-git': 'usr/share/kde4/services/pate.desktop'

I.e., the operation ends with these lines, whatever causes it.

Anyone seen something similar?

Yes. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1256668

Sakura:-
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO // Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.4GHz // GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 Ti // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR3 (@ 2133MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB Seagate SATAII 5x 1TB Samsung SATAII, 2x 120GB Corsair SSD

#4 2013-04-12 15:58:10

Awebb

This is what you do in such situations:

1. Try updating only with pacman.
2. See if AUR packages are involved.
3. Remove and manually rebuild the aur packages in question.
4. Update with pacman.
5. Re-install AUR packages.

#5 2013-04-12 17:18:56

ewaller
Administrator

Moving to AUR Issues

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Like you, I have no idea what you are doing, but I am pretty sure it is wrong...Jasonwryan
----
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2013-04-12 17:22:49

dodo3773

Yes I had a similar issue with wxgtk2.9 and wxgtk-2.9. Just remove one of the packages. My guess is pate-git since it's not in the aur/repos.

#7 2013-04-12 21:49:10

whaler

Thanks for the responses!

@hadrons123: No, 'pacman -Syu' seems to be working normally.
@Awebb: My routine is to first update with pacman and then go to user-space and issue 'yaourt -Syu --aur'. This may be a bit redundant, but I am not familiar with a command for updating (all) AUR packages without the -Syu parameters.
@WorMzy and @dodo3773: You seem to point at the same solution. I will have a closer look at possible package conflicts and report back.

---

Edit:
Yes, apparently it was 'pate-git'. Removing it also removed the conflict warnings.
Funny, though, since it stems from Kate's developers and had been sitting there since last october without any fuss. The package is no longer to be found either in official repos or in AUR, if it ever was, as a separate package. Also strange that it, presumably an - or part of an - official package, was conflicting with another official package, namely 'kdesdk-kate'. But what do I know... :-)

Thanks again!

Last edited by whaler (2013-04-12 22:40:18)

#8 2013-04-12 22:21:54

opt1mus
Website

whaler,

In order to properly trouble-shoot this, it may be useful to see if you've attempted to recompile your AUR installs manually, via makepkg et al. Never rely on AUR/pacman orientated wrappers to do the work for you. As good as some may appear to be, the best way is to see behind the scene.

#9 2013-04-12 22:54:22

whaler

opt1mus wrote:

whaler,

In order to properly trouble-shoot this, it may be useful to see if you've attempted to recompile your AUR installs manually, via makepkg et al. Never rely on AUR/pacman orientated wrappers to do the work for you. As good as some may appear to be, the best way is to see behind the scene.

Good advice.
I have been running Arch without reinstalling, and relied on Yaourt, for five years now without any major problems.
One day, however, I am sure I will find the time to learn and use makepkg and friends, including ABS...

#10 2013-04-13 14:54:07

ANOKNUSA

whaler wrote:

I have been running Arch without reinstalling, and relied on Yaourt, for five years now... One day, however, I am sure I will find the time to learn and use makepkg and friends, including ABS...

FluxBB needs to add some [irony] tags.  whaler, I'd suggest reading over this.

Last edited by ANOKNUSA (2013-04-13 15:05:20)

#11 2013-04-13 16:43:50

hadrons123

ANOKNUSA wrote:
whaler wrote:

I have been running Arch without reinstalling, and relied on Yaourt, for five years now... One day, however, I am sure I will find the time to learn and use makepkg and friends, including ABS...

FluxBB needs to add some [irony] tags.  whaler, I'd suggest reading over this.

And I assumed that he(whaler) was actually joking.

Last edited by hadrons123 (2013-04-13 16:44:06)

Unix is user-friendly. It just isn't promiscuous about which users it's friendly with. - Steven King

#12 2013-04-13 22:47:48

whaler

@ANOKNUSA and @hadrons123: Okay, my last post was a _little bit tongue in cheek, but I really should try to get my head around makepkg and perhaps use it. On the other hand, a day has only so many hours. Or at least here, it seems to... sad

As for those who speak about responsibility, that's a non-issue, IMO, given that nobody but the user suffers negligent administration. Besides, without the pleas for help, how would we build Arch's helpful fora? wink

#13 2013-04-14 01:32:52

hadrons123

Better read this first. http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Arch Linux fora has a reputation for better quality among the linux distros.

Board footer