You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-10 19:06:28

Malvineous
Website

bacula-fd won't start since switching to systemd

Hi all,

I have just changed my machine over to systemd and everything seems to work fine, except that the Bacula file daemon won't start:

$ systemctl start bacula-fd
A dependency job for bacula-fd.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

$ journalctl -xn
Feb 11 04:58:28 korath systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Bacula File Daemon service.
-- Subject: Unit bacula-fd.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
-- Documentation: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/catalog/be02cf6855d2428ba40df7e9d022f03d
-- 
-- Unit bacula-fd.service has failed.
-- 
-- The result is dependency.

How can I find out why the service failed to start?  The 'documentation' URL leads to a 404 Not Found.  There are some other log messages about remote-fs.target failing, but being new to systemd I'm not sure whether these are related or not.  Either way I don't need any remote filesystems in order to run bacula-fd so it shouldn't be related.

Where do I look next?

#2 2013-04-14 18:17:20

timm

Re: bacula-fd won't start since switching to systemd

I think there may be a configuration requirement for bacula under systemd, something on the order of

"--with-systemd[=UNITDIR]". 

Not sure, trying to figure it all out right now myself.

#3 2013-04-14 21:32:39

Malvineous
Website

I think the general consensus is you need to edit the systemd config files, in this case /usr/lib/systemd/system/bacula-fd.service.  I'm not convinced this is a great idea (even copying into /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants and editing it there) as you lose any changes upon upgrade.  But it seems the only solution at present.

#4 2013-04-16 00:43:34

timm

I'm not getting the service files to build, but I haven't tried the aur package, I see there is a hack for that in the pkgbuild. 

Edit:

Tried the bacula-mysql package from AUR, couldn't get it to build with the configuration I need.  I'm building from source, but the only .service files are still in the build directory.  If I copy them into the system, they won't start because they are looking for var-run.mount. 

I think this is moving off topic, so I'll probably start another thread on this.

Last edited by timm (2013-04-29 20:14:22)

Board footer