You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-25 12:39:09

ciarlill

Intel/ATI hybrid graphics conflicting Xorg confs?

I am trying to use vgaswitcheroo to turn on and enable my ATI card on boot. When I first startup my laptop I get the following output from vgaswitcheroo:

root@odin:ciarlill# cat /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch 
0:DIS: :Pwr:0000:01:00.0
1:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
2:DIS-Audio: :Pwr:0000:01:00.1

So I switch to the DIS card (this is before any X session has started, right after login):

echo DIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

This turns off the backlight on my laptop (cannot get it back on) and activates the monitor on HDMI-1. Then why I try startx (ignoring the backlight issue for now) I get the following Xorg log: http://pastie.org/7716567

When this happens I have 2 configs in xorg.conf.d: 20-radeon.conf and 20-intel.conf (shown below). If I move 20-intel.conf out of the directory and attempt to "startx" again, everything works and the backlight of my laptop is restored. The problem is, if I boot without the discrete card (say on battery) I need the intel config in order to 'startx'.

I am looking for any work around or possible solution to get these configs coexisting and being able to switch my cards at will.

Thanks

20-intel.conf

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
   Driver      "intel"
   Option      "AccelMethod"  "sna"
EndSection

20-radeon.conf

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Radeon"
        Driver  "radeon"
	Option	"SWcursor"              "off" #software cursor might be necessary on some rare occasions, hence set off by default
	Option	"EnablePageFlip"        "off"  #supported on all R/RV/RS4xx and older hardware and set off by default
	Option	"AccelMethod"           "EXA" #valid options are XAA and EXA. EXA is the newest acceleration method and its the default.
	Option	"RenderAccel"           "on"  #enabled by default on all radeon hardware
	Option	"ColorTiling"           "on"  #enabled by default on RV300 and later radeon cards.
	Option	"EXAVSync"              "off" #default is off, otherwise on
	Option	"EXAPixmaps"            "on"  #when on icreases 2D performance, but may also cause artifacts on some old cards
	Option	"AccelDFS"              "on"  #default is off, read the radeon manpage for more information
EndSection

Board footer