You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-29 19:12:57

georgi-it

[SOLVED] Windows 8 not in grub after installing Arch

Hello, i am new to arch and today i installed it on my machine. I installed windows on 2 primary disks and arch on 3 logical. The grub loader i installed on dev/sda but now when i boot to grub i can not see windows there. I red somewhere that i have to go to the drive where window's boot folder is and rename it but here comes another problem - obviously i can not do it with the normal terminal but the drive is named in Bulgarian which i can not type in the native linux console(i hope you know what i mean). This is how my drives look like :

Removed full size image -- Inxsible

Any ideas how i can fix it or something like that would be very helpful. Thank you all in advance.

P.S i can reinstall windows if needed.

Last edited by georgi-it (2013-04-29 21:17:23)

#2 2013-04-29 19:15:25

drcouzelis
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Windows 8 not in grub after installing Arch

georgi-it wrote:

The grub loader i installed on dev/sda but now when i boot to grub i can not see windows there.

Did you add Windows to your GRUB settings? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub#With_Windows

#3 2013-04-29 19:40:24

georgi-it

drcouzelis wrote:
georgi-it wrote:

The grub loader i installed on dev/sda but now when i boot to grub i can not see windows there.

Did you add Windows to your GRUB settings? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub#With_Windows

Yes that fixed it, thank you smile

#4 2013-04-29 20:02:04

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Please read the forum rules. Do not post full size images and mark your thread solved.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer