You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-06 15:22:59

AsVHEn

[SOLVED] How to toggle mute/unmute audio?

I am trying to blind special keys (on ASUS EEEPC 901) and Volume +, Volume - works fine with "amixer sset PCM 5%+", but with "amixer sset Master toggle" I cannt unmute (and I am not sure what it do is to mute big_smile).
To have sound again I have to execute:
alsactl restore
So, there's another way to do it properly or it's a bug? (becuase this is how I had done in Debian and it worked)

Thank you for reading it.

Last edited by AsVHEn (2013-05-06 16:47:34)

#2 2013-05-06 15:28:26

karol
Archivist

Re: [SOLVED] How to toggle mute/unmute audio?

'amixer sset Master toggle' typed into console works for me. Does it work for you too and the issue is just with the multimedia key?

#3 2013-05-06 16:05:28

AsVHEn

karol wrote:

'amixer sset Master toggle' typed into console works for me. Does it work for you too and the issue is just with the multimedia key?

This is embarrasing, now it work smile, but it didn't last 6 times I have checked (I to shutdown and restart and every time was the same, the only think different was last time was off more longer :S. Sorry for waste your time.

#4 2013-05-06 16:41:40

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

AsVHEn wrote:
karol wrote:

This is embarrasing, now it work smile, but it didn't last 6 times I have checked (I to shutdown and restart and every time was the same, the only think different was last time was off more longer :S. Sorry for waste your time.

please mark your thread as solved

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer