You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-12 13:13:11

Roken

Teamviewer only connecting outwards

I've been trawling the net for ages on this and can't find an answer.

I have teamviewer 8 installed in my rig, and the client for Android on my phone. I've also tested with a remote machine runnign Windows Vista and TV8.

I can connect just fine from my Arch box to the Windows box, but I can't establish a connection to my Arch box from either Win 7 or android. It just sits there waiting for connection. I've tried portforwarding at a router level to make sure requests get to the right machine, though this shouldn't be necessary and doesn't work, anyway.

What's annoying is that I've successfully connected a couple of times, but no more.

I've even purged TV completely and reinstalled to no avail.

Any ideas what I may need to do to allow connections both in and out?

TIA

Ryzen 5900X 12 core/24 thread - RTX 3090 FE 24 Gb, Asus Prime B450 Plus, 32Gb Corsair DDR4, Cooler Master N300 chassis, 5 HD (1 NvME PCI, 4SSD) + 1 x optical.
Linux user #545703

#2 2015-03-23 08:32:30

interpeix

Re: Teamviewer only connecting outwards

This is an old post, but I have the same issue. Any solution?

EDIT: If someone come to this post here is the solution in AUR package's comments.

Comment by JojOatXGME
2015-02-23 13:08
I think there are missing dependencies. I have installed the package and it was possible to start teamviewer. But when I tried to connect from somewhere else to the computer, it did not work. The client hang while connecting and my pc with the package from here was not doing anything.

The log says that someone was connecting but the process which was started to handle the connection exited with exit code 0.

The dependency checker of teamviewer detected missing dependencies:
lib32-libice
lib32-fontconfig
lib32-libsm
lib32-libxinerama
lib32-libpng12

After installing them, it was possible to connect from another computer while using the package from here.

Last edited by interpeix (2015-03-23 08:50:11)

Board footer