You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-03 19:34:27

quiqueck

No linebreak in codeblocks

Hi

as i am reading the upgrade news on https://www.archlinux.org/ i saw that commands are sometimes longer as the appropriate Box.  So commands came out in to the Linklist on the right and arent completly readable. I have to maximize the window of the browser to get aware of the complete command.

What do you think about a commandline with linebreak, if it the necessary place isn't available? This could be done by a

white-space: normal;

in your css-file.

#2 2013-06-03 19:54:07

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: No linebreak in codeblocks

Here's an example for those too lazy to resize their browser. tongue
archlinux.org-code_overflow.png

"white-space: normal;" will still enable correct copy-and-pasting but it may be visually confusing in some cases such as when a user is typing in the commands on one system while reading them on another. A scrollbar might be better albeit a bit ugly on the rare commands that require it.

p.s. You should open a ticket on the bug-tracker for this as the website admin (/= forum admin) might not see this otherwise.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#3 2013-06-03 20:22:38

quiqueck

Xyne wrote:

Here's an example for those too lazy to resize their browser. tongue

big_smile

Thanks for the picture.

Xyne wrote:

p.s. You should open a ticket on the bug-tracker for this as the website admin (/= forum admin) might not see this otherwise.

Oh, i have read Projekts and categories but found nothing related on Forum/Wiki.

So i am not sure if https://bugs.archlinux.org/ is the right one... it seems more package related.

*confusion of a newbe*

#4 2013-06-04 20:26:49

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Select "Arch Linux" from the dropbox then click "Add new task". Select "Websites" from the category checkbox and fill out the rest of the form.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#5 2013-06-04 20:42:30

quiqueck

Thanks, done so.

Board footer